Chapter 49

Sasha's POV

*The next day - August 21st*

"Shay I don't think I can do this" I say quietly as my head snaps round to Shay. As we wait outside the psychiatrists office for my first session I start to have second thoughts. I know that if I go in here I have to talk about how I feel and I don't think I'm ready for that. But if I don't then I have to live with keeping it to myself. Which to be honest, that isn't really working anymore.

"Yes you can princess" Shay reassures me. Her calling me princess instantly puts a smile on my face.

"What did I tell you?" She asks me and sits up straight. She turns slightly to face me and takes one of my hands in both of hers.

"That you can't wait till I'm feeling better so that you ca-" A smirk starts to spread on my lips as Shay stops me.

"Yes, yes that" She says awkwardly with her eyes wide and a scarlett blush on her cheeks. I throw her a wink and laugh at her sudden embarressment.

"I told you I'd always be by your side and I'll protect you" She says and rolls her eyes playfully.

"Oh yeah" I laugh.

"Ms. Pieterse?" A man's voice calls. I take my gaze off of Shay and turn to where the voice is coming from. A tall man stands infront of the office door with his hands in his black slacks and his red tie straight. I stand up and take Shay's hand in mine. As we approach him he rakes his hand through his raven black hair and opens the door further for us to enter. We walk in and sit on the black leather couch. As we sit I look around the room and play with my fingers. There are file cabinits, units with nik-naks and a few photos, even some certificates.

"I'm Dr. Bishop" The man announced as he stands infront of us.

"Sasha Pieterse" I say polietly and put out my hand for him to shake, which of course he takes gladly.

"And you must be Shay?" He asks Shay and shakes her hand. Shay nods and smiles sweetly at him.

"So" Dr. Bishop starts as he sits in his chair across from us and takes a notepad and pen from the desk beside him.

"I understand you've been having some dreams frequently?" He asks.

"More like nightmares. But yeah" I tell him shyly.

"Well how about we start from the beggining and then get into the nightmare" He suggests. I nod and take a deep breath.

"I was urm, in a abusive relationship back in April. He would be beat me almost every night. After a while it kind of felt like he would look for an excuse just to do it. It only stopped when Shay caught him" I explain and look up at Shay. She gives me a warm smile.

"Do you mind explaining the day Shay caught him?" Dr. Bishop asks me. I nod hesitantly and gulp.

"I gave him back the engagement ring. A, because I was inlove with someone else and B, I knew if I didn't it wouldn't stop. I really thought he was going to kill me" I pause. I sniffle slightly and a tear rolls down my cheek but I quickly wipe it. I take a deep breath and sit up straight.

"Shay came into the kitchen where we were and he asked her to go get fire wood. As soon as she left he started shouting at me. H-he uh pushed me up against the counter and held a knife to my throat" I choke. I feel Shay take my hand and squeeze it for reassurance. I look up to see Dr. Bishop scribbling something down on his notepad with one leg crossed over the other.

"He only got off me when Shay attacked him. After that we didn't see him for a few days. I was scared, so scared that he would find me again. And he did. He came to Shay's house and held us at gun point. Until the police came and arrested him. We both testified against him a few days ago and we won, he's in prison and he'll stay there for four years" I bite my lip hard.

"But I'm still scared. No. I'm terrified. Even before the trial I thought he would get me. I can't help but think that he'll get out and find me. Find us" I finish in a shakey breath. Dr. Bishop nods and looks up at me once he finishes writing.

"Is your fear constant throughout the day?" He asks.

"Mostly. I mean it doesn't consume my thoughts constantly. But theres always some sort of fear" I explain and nod.

"Would you mind telling me about your dreams?" He asks. I stiffen up but nod.

"They've been happening every night since I found out about the trial. So a month. Everyone has him taking us hostage and everyone ends with him killing one of us" I gesture to me and Shay.

"The worst one was two nights ago" I say. I don't bother to wait for Dr. Bishop to ask me if I'm okay with talking about it.

"He took me hostage. He had me blindfolded and he tied me to a chair. When he took the blinfold off me Shay was sitting across from me tied to a chair with duck tape over her mouth. He told me that he lost everything because we" I gesture to me and Shay again.

"Couldn't keep our mouths shut. So he'd take away my everything. My everything being Shay. H-he pulled out a g-gun and held it to her head. I-I tried to get her to stop him but she let it happen. He wouldn't listen to stop. He shot her and left me there sobbing onto her body" By this point I'm now sobbing into my hands. I feel Shay's strong arms wrap around me as she pulls me into her chest. I wrap my arms around her back and try and calm myself down as Shay rests her head on mine. As I pull away I see Shay is crying too. I wipe my tears and turn back to Dr. Bishop.

"Ms. Pieterse, I don't think these are nightmares" He starts and puts down his notepad.

"These are nightterrors. You mentioned about him holding you hostage. That could be why in your dreams he's doing the same thing. Did you feel like a hostage with him?" He asks me. I just simply nod.

"That could be another reason" Theres a slightly pauss of silence before he speaks up again.

"You know, these dreams with loved ones dying represent long life" He jokes a little, clearly trying to lighten the mood. We laugh a little as my frown turns to a small smile.

"But I'm sorry to say that your explinations are signs of PTSD" He tells me. My jaw almost hits the floor. I look to Shay and see she has the same expression on her face.

Shay's POV

"But I'm sorry to say that your explinations are signs of PTSD" Dr. Bishop tells Sasha. My jaw almost hits the floor and when Sasha looks up at me she has the same expression.

"PTSD?" She almost shouts.

"I'm afraid so" Dr. Bishop says quietly. Sasha leans forward with her elbows on her knees and puts her hands to her mouth.

"It's not cureable, but it can be tamed. I can give you pills that should stop the nightmares and constant fear, or atleast calm them down a bit" He explains.

"That would be great" I smile at him as I rub Sasha's back. My cheeks are still stained from tears. I can't believe the dreams were that bad. I didn't realise they were that bad. My baby is hurting and living in fear and theres nothing I can do. Dr. Bishop stands infront of us with a bottle of pills in his hands. Sasha and I stand up too as I wrap my arm around her waist.

"You'll need to take four a day. Two in the morning and two at night. Only if you absaloutely have to, you can take one extra during the day. But anymore than that is dangerous" He explains as he hands Sasha the bottle of pills.

"Thank you Dr. Bishop" She sniffles and shakes his hand.

"If you need another session you have my number and if you run out of pills just come here I'lll give you some more" He adds and shakes my hand too. He opens the door for us and lets us out.

"I'll be here every step of the way" I say as Sasha sobs quietly. I kiss the top of her head and pull her closer to me. I wrap my arms around her tightly.

This won't be easy.

I'm sorry things are a little depressing right now but they'll get better I promise.
-E😜