Chapter 27 : Suspended

Chapter 27

The next day...

Alex POV

We were on our way back to Dalton. Jeff seemed really upset about something. I think he's still all anxious because of the fight yesterday.

Nick and Sebastian had to sit up at the front of the bus with my uncle. I was sitting with Jeff near the back of the bus. He was all curled up.

We'd been driving for about an hour and a half, and Jeff has barely talked. I think the only time he talked to me was when he needed to get up to go to the bathroom.

His head is leaning on the window, and he's been staring outside practically the whole time.

I didn't want to bother him though. I think he just needs some time to himself. It's been crazy lately.

I wrapped my arms around him, and he sighed, like he was content.

"Jeff."

"Mmmm..."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

"Tired?"

"No... Are we almost there? I have to go to the bathroom again, and I really don't like the bus bathroom."

"We're almost there."

"Is Nick coming back to our room?"

"I don't know."

"But I want him to."

"Shhh. Stop talking about it. Just relax. Everything is going to be fine."

"What about Sebastian?"

"Jeff, don't speak. Just relax."

"I want to just get there already!" He said, sitting up straight.

"Jeff. Calm down. You're getting yourself all worked up."

"I'm tired."

"You just said you weren't!"

"I'm tired of all the drama. I can't deal with it anymore. And I don't want to."

I wrapped my arms around him tighter.

"Jeff, it'll get worked out eventually."

He sighed.

"I'm tired of you saying that. Because it's not true."

"Jeff-"

"Just stop talking to me!"

He pulled out of my grip, and turned completely towards the window.

It's really bothering him. I need to talk to Nick and Sebastian and make them work it out just for Jeff's sake.

Later...

Alex POV

We got back to Dalton. I walked with Jeff upstairs. As soon as we got in, he locked himself in the bathroom. I went over and knocked on the door.

"What!? Can I pee in peace please!?"

"When you're finished, we need to talk. Ok?"

"Ok, whatever!"

I sat down on the bed, and waited for him to come out. And he did, a minute later. His cheeks were tinted bright red.

"What?" He asked, annoyed.

He sat down next to me.

"Calm down. What's the attitude for?"

"Don't bother me when I'm in the bathroom!"