Chapter 52 : Trying to work things out with Nick

Chapter 52

A few days later...

Alex POV

I was becoming really annoyed with Nick. Him and Sebastian have been arguing every time they see each other. I wish Nick would just get over it, and move on like Jeff has. 

And I was determined to go talk this out with him tonight. It was Friday, which meant we had nothing going on tonight. No Warbler practice or anything.

"Jeffy, I'm going to go talk to Nick. Are you going to be alright here by yourself for a little while?"

"Where's Sebastian?"

"He's... Actually, I'm not sure where he is."

"I'll be ok."

"Ok, good. Remember, no cuts! If you need me, you know where I'll be."

"Mhmmm."

I left the room, and went to Nick's. It was only about 9:00, so I knew he'd probably still be awake.

"What do you want?" He asked.

His tone wasn't angry like I'd expected. It was more... tired and upset sounding...

"Can we talk? Please?"

"Fine, whatever..."

He let me in, and then shut the door. I sat on his bed, and he did the same.

"Nick, look... I'm sorry about everything that happened, but-"

"But you can do anything or date anyone you want, and I'm overreacting, right? That's what you were going to say?"

"Well... Yeah, but-"

"Alright, well you can leave then. I already know all that."

"No, I'm not done yet!"

Nick sighed, and looked down at the bed.

"Nick, we've been friends since I came to Dalton. We may have had a bit of a rocky start, but we got through it. You were there for me when Jeff was stressing me out. And I was there for you when your mom died. I know you must have some sort of problem with handling your emotions because you just get so mad, and you shut everyone out. I know you're mad at me and Sebastian for kissing, and you're mad at Jeff for not completely overreacting like he usually does. But look... Everyone makes mistakes. Mine was not staying with Jeff. And I know you're really mad, but I want to fix this. I want to be friends. This is affecting all of us, and even though you'd think it would affect Jeff the most because he's all sensitive, it's not. It's affecting me the most. Nick, you're my best friend. And I really don't want to lose you."

"I just don't know why you had to pick Sebastian over me."

"It wasn't like that, Nick. We never planned out that we were going to kiss. It was totally spontaneous."

"Am I not good enough for you?"

"Now you're starting to sound like Jeff... No, Nick. It's not that. It's just... This is how things happened, ok?"

"I don't think I can ever get over it. Not until I know something."

"What?"

"I need to know your feelings for me. Ever since you got here, I've dreamed of kissing you. I wanted to know how it felt, and what you thought. I spent my classes dreaming about what it'd be like to date you instead of paying attention to how to find the area of a circle. I need to know how it feels. I need to know if we're meant to be together. You gave Sebastian a chance. Why not me?"

New Beginningsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें