(29) Friend [FINAL]

29

29.

School before winter holidays was buzzing with excitement, people guessed their Christmas presents for each other while others were planning parties.  There was a constant hum of carols in the town, transforming it into it's much livelier version. After becoming the leader of the culture club, I was given the responsibility of organizing the Christmas dance by collaborating with the event head of the school.

I had been running to and forth to make sure we managed to get the gym decorated within the limits of our budget, it wasn't an easy task either. Lillian had given me a superb idea of creating fake snow while the couples would dance and hang stars in the ceilings too, making the gym look a little like a snow globe. The idea was amazing as it was expensive. I had to spend an hour trying to convince Mr. Chapel to increase the money for the clubs, just for Christmas season.

Even now I was returning from his office, with my legs beyond exhausted from running around when I passed Carmen and Daniel by the hallway. They were both laughing over something but stopped when they saw me.

I nodded to them, ''Hey''

''Hi Ally!'' They waved and as I passed, resumed laughing, walking in the opposite direction.
It was exactly that - we weren't so close anymore. But I was fine with it, our distance had something to do with the issues transpired between us and something to do with the fact that we weren't kids anymore.

When I made it to the cafeteria to fill my grumbling stomach I saw Trevor talking on his phone and laughing like he usually did, a tray full of food sitting before him. I bought myself a sandwich and a coke before joining him. I knew he was talking to Marley but he immediately hung up when I arrived and it made me smirk.

''I won't tell Derrick, I promise.'' I whispered, leaning in closer.

''I'm not doing a crime or anything.'' He replied, taking handful of fries and shoving them in his mouth,

''I'm the one who's suppose to tell you that.''

''So, who will you be going to the dance with?'' Trevor asked with a devilish grin, ''Boss?''

My cheeks heated, ''Who else? Do you think I'll invite you?''

He looked smug, ''What's wrong with me? I'm handsome and hot and incredibly funny.'' Trevor was still under the impression that he had a marvelous sense of humor and it was a shame that nobody tended to correct him.

''You're going with Marley aren't you? How do you plan to bring her here? Derrick's gonna gauge your eyes out.'' It wasn't that serious but I meant to scare him a little and judging from his wide eyes and open mouth, I had succeeded. Trevor and Marley had a strange relationship, they were not official yet but anyone could tell that those two were deeply in love.