(9) Date of tears and blood

9.

"Ally, I feel like I should quit school." Carmen was sat cross legged on my bed, a small frown forming on her face. I was sorting my clothes out - mom had gone shopping with Mrs. Cattermole and got me a lot of new clothes for school. I had accepted them sheepishly, I did need some new shirts and mom had a great choice when it came to clothes, or anything remotely girly.

Dad was never good with shopping, every time we went to mall together, he would pick something outrageous for me. Like that time on Halloween he brought a spider man costume, thinking it would look cool. It took me half an hour to explain that spider man costume was for little kids, or boys to be specific.

I folded a yellow sleeveless top and added that to the neat pile. For the last twenty minutes Carmen had been telling me about all the people that were also in eleventh grade with her and decided to come to Spence Jefferson. I could barely keep track, there were only rare names that I recalled but except them, I was lost.

Apparently, Carmen had little liking for her old school mates and kept complaining about them.

"I've gain so much weight, I'm sure they would make fun of me!" she was saying, looking a little upset,

"Carmen, your weight is not their concern, and nobody even teased you."

"Yet" she pointed out, "and that's because I avoided half of them. But that bitch Hailey got me in the girls r-"

I revolved around and raised my brow, "Who is Hailey?"

"Aiden Sullivan's girlfriend and a mega bitch." I recalled meeting Aiden for the first time and the blonde girl that had been attached to him. Even without Carmen's description, I could've guessed that she was a bitch.

"Did she say something to you?" I asked, frowning. Carmen looked lost for a moment, as if she was remembering something,

"Aiden is the real arsehole. Just stay away from him. If you do that, Hailey won't bother you."

I closed my closet shut and joined her on the bed, leaning my back against the head board.

"We were talking about you," I pointed out, "and why do guys keep saying that?"

She scooted a little closer to me, dropping her voice, "We were all together in eleventh grade, and that's why we know that guy well. He is always playing with girls, not just flirting."

"That's familiar Carmen, I've seen plenty of guys like him before."

She shook her head, "There was this girl, crazy in love with him. But he ruined her, like literally."

That didn't sound good, but suddenly I was curious. Aiden had been pestering me for a while but I didn't know anything about him. Except that he was a douche.

"It was worse, the girl got into serious depression. And then rumors started about her, when she came to school people made her life hell, specially Hailey and her friends. She couldn't take it anymore and didn't come back to school." I imagined how bad it could be, but somehow I couldn't place my self there. It was pretty horrible, getting attacked by people and their nasty behavior like that. There were some people out there more sensitive than others.

"And the thing that surprises me the most is; she was Aiden's best friend. They were literally inseparable."

Listening to all this made me hate him even more. But why would he do that to a friend? One of those don't-fall-for-your-best-friend syndrome? No, Aiden was a pretender but he hardly seemed like a type to follow stereotypes.