(19) Fall a little

19.

I was lying wide awake in my bed, sleep miles away from me and Derrick's voice right in my head. Every time I heard his voice, something inside me begun to shake. Or maybe it was my heart beating fast and I kept feeling it beneath my chest. Too close. Too strong. 

'You distract me too Anderson.'

Too real. 

What did he mean by that? Was it a joke? A bad attempt at humor? But then I had felt the raw sensuality in that voice and it had shook me. Now that he had said that, I couldn't help but recall each moment I had spent with him.

The first time when I saw him at the church, the first time I drank the coffee he made, him standing behind me and cleaning the sauce from my neck. His words, his voice, his eyes - Derrick was everywhere.

And I realized I liked him. I liked him a lot. So much that I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Thanks to him, I spent my whole night twisting and turning with little to no sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I found mom shaking me because I was late for class. Thanking her, I had dressed up swiftly and headed out, gulping down some juice and wrapping my breakfast in paper.

School had suddenly become opposite to Expresso. I had send so many texts to Carmen last night but she never responded. I guess we were fighting. And it wasn't just her. Thanks to Trevor suddenly deciding he was going to school with us, Lee was avoiding me and Daniel just laughed at my situation. Such great friends they were.

When I walked out of my first class I tried to stop Lee so we could talk, but he rushed away leaving me hanging.

''Adams avoiding you like plague.'' Trevor joined me and said without a greeting. Not that I particularly wanted him to greet me.

''Thanks to you!'' I spat, facing him and refusing to let him scare me away. Him scaring away my friends was enough.

Trevor grinned, ''Have you thought about my offer?'' That's when I saw Hayley passing beside us and giving me a strange look while chewing gum. I looked away from her gaze,

''Lets go somewhere else.'' He grinned and followed me to an empty classroom.

''Don't close the door.'' I reminded him dryly,

''It will keep the intruders out.'' I sighed, feeling frustrated. Was he a cop from an action movie or something. He was more dramatic that Aiden would ever be.

''Keep it open, I don't want people to get a bad idea.'' He obliged which was surprising and opened his books on the table,

''Fine Mouse, lets open our books for full effect.''

''Answer a question Trevor and be honest about it. If you refrain from playing with me, I will tell you my answer.''

''Ohhhh, my Mouse gets serious as well? Fine I will tell me what you need to know.'' He pushed up his 'fake' specs, ''I am here to find someone, but this has nothing to do with you.''

''Find someone? Are you a spy from a secret agency or something?'' I demanded. He was a student here, why was he acting like a ninja? This guy made me angry every time he opened his mouth.

''I am doing this for someone else sake. But you don't have to concern yourself over it. The bottom line is, whats your answer.''

''I will do your job for Lee. But I want to know what kind of job it is. If you tell me than it will make things easier for you.'' He thought about it for a moment and then opened his bag to take out a piece of paper. Bending down, he began to scribble something on it before handing it to me.