(22) Last and Lost love

Getting to Aiden's place wasn't hard. I had already been there before, so it was easy for me to find my way to his penthouse again. The lady at reception recognized me and greeted me, I replied her with a hasty nod and made my way to his floor with lift.

''Are you here for Mr. Sullivan?'' The man who answered the door asked, I nodded my head feverishly,

''Come in'' I made a bee line to his room and slammed open the door. Only to be greeted by Hayley's death glare. Aiden was lying on his bed, groaning and she was wiping his face with a towel. A steaming pot of tea and some medicines were kept on his bed side table, it looked like he was already treated to.

''Aiden, are you okay?'' I asked, examining his face. When he cracked open his eye to see me, he was confused for a moment, but when he realized I had followed him all the way here, he opened them wider and attempted to smile.

''Ally, you're here!'' Aiden tried to sit up straighter and I reached for him. Hayley shot up from her seat and pushed me hard, throwing daggers at me with her eyes. Didn't they break up days ago? Why was she still lingering around here? Wait...how did she know Aiden was injured? Was she stalking him still?

''You! This happened because of you! How dare you try to show your ugly face here?'' She bellowed when she saw me.

I gave her an unimpressed look, after her attempt to strangle me in front of twenty or so people in a public place, I had realized I had grown immune to her words and glares. Hayley wasn't so scary anymore. I had come to see her more as a stupid person, who was obsessed with Aiden. She wasn't a threat anymore.

''I thought you aren't suppose to be here.'' I replied coolly,

''Aiden is-''

''Not related to you anymore. I on the other hand is his friend.'' I smirked at her and she cursed out loud. Hayley had a wild look on her face as he lunged at me, for a moment I thought she was going to grab my neck again, she surprised me by grabbing a lamp from Aiden's bedside table and aimed it at me.

It was Aiden who leaped off the bed and snatched the lamp from her hand before throwing it on his mattress.

''Are you crazy or what?!'' He boomed, took hold of her hand and began to drag her out.

''You got hurt because of her!'' She shrieked as he threw her at the guy who answered the door,

''Who do you think you are? I made it clear we're done, why even bother forcing your way here.''

She threw me another dirty glare, ''It's all your fault!'' she thundered, making me scoff,

Aiden rubbed his temple, ''Frank, please take her out and make sure she doesn't come in.'' I was vaguely aware of Hayley's shrieks and curses as Aiden grabbed my hand and led to his room, and shut the door down.

Once we were alone, he slumped down on his bed, looking beat, ''I never imagined, you'll come.''

I began to throw away the tissues and extra stuff lying around him, before taking a seat on his couch, ''You asked me to come.''

He sighed, ''You know now, don't you? Everybody hates me because of what happened with Marley. I thought you would start hating me as well.''

''I don't want to,'' my answer surprised him, ''and I don't want you to hate me as well. Even if something ever happens.''

Aiden cracked a smile, ''When you came here first, when I first met you, to me you were just a new person to flirt with. I never thought you would be the person to trust me, even without knowing anything.''