twenty | belief

comment of the chapter: @inhaleparadise:

I really wonder how other people imagine the scenes in this story. Because you're writing is so good I have this whole world in my head that Sophia lives in. I remember the car, what her house looks like, the therapy building and everything. Love this story alot.

I really loved how this comment was really different to all the others. there were a lot of close runner ups on this chapter comments, but this one stood out the most. I just love it, and your username :))

previously.

The home he had built was probably corroded and deteriorated from the rain and floods that had happened over the years.

The work my father had put into our home was for nothing, because he was now dead and I was sightless. I couldn't appreciate the beauty of the home that he had built.

But one day I'd build a home.

For you and for me.

This chapter has slight religious aspects and references to it. Sorry if it makes you feel uncomfortable, but I'm in no way trying to force my religion on you.

Thank you all for reading thus far.

twenty | belief (mini-update)

Sophia.

Our father who art in heaven; hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day, our daily bread.

"Sophia, wake up."

Forgive us for our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

"Sophia."

For thine is the kingdom, and power, and the glory, forever and ever.

"Sophia, get up." His voice said, softly shaking me. "It's me, Harry." He continued jerking my body, "Wake up."

Amen.

I lifted my hand and profusely rubbed my neck, "What?"

"You kept mumbling this prayer over and over again. To be honest, it got quite creepy." He chuckled nervously, "Not that I'm racking on your belief."

I shook my head, "I understand. I'm sorry if I scared you, I didn't realize I was saying it."

"I'm guessing you're a Christian?"

I shrugged, "I believe in God. I believe that he sent his son to die for us; I believe that our sins are forgiven when we pray to him; I believe that there are places called heaven and hell; I believe in his grace; I believe in him."

"So, you're Christian?" He chuckled softly.

I nodded, "You can say. What do you believe, Harry?"

I heard him awkwardly grunt, "I believe in humanity."

"How does one believe in humanity?" I asked and rubbed my tired eyes.

I heard him laugh softly, "You live."

"But we all die, its inevitably true, my friend."

"We don't die, our physical bodies do. Our minds live forever on this lovely planet." He said.