fifteen | the other side

Contains one F-bomb. It had to be there, it fit perfectly. :) By the way, angrily sexy Liam will make his debut appearance in this chapter ;)

I laughed and this time he pulled us even closer together. His lips were pressed to my ear, "Sophia," he said breathlessly.

"Yes?" I answered just as quietly.

"Dance with me."

fifteen | the other side of liam

Liam.

The corners of her lips twitched upward at my offer. It was shortly followed by a roar of thunder and a flash of lightening that appeared in the black, starless sky.

The rain came down harder, and more painful, but she didn't seem to care. I didn't either. I know that it slipped her mind that her hand was still embalmed in mine because she would have pulled away already. One particularly vicious crash of thunder caused her to moved away from me slightly, but enough for me to look at her in depth.

Her long hair draped over her back and the water slid through nonchalantly. The rain effortlessly enhanced every feature of her; from her cheekbones that weren't too high, to the elongation of her chin. The tip of her nose was slightly rounded and formed a tiny button that was reddened at the knob. She opened her eyes then quickly blinked it back close as the water barreled in.

She laughed to herself and pulled her hand from mine. She rubbed her eyes profusely and then dropped them to the side. Her lips curved into a smile as she looked up again and spun slowly with the rain falling around her.

It was a beautiful scene.

And that's what this moment was, beautiful. I seemed to be having these a lot in the company of this girl.

She shook her head side to side and sent some of the water headed my way. I didn't mind because I was already being engulfed in the water pouring out from the sky. I tilted my head upward like she was now doing and closed my eyes.

The thunder rolled and a gust of wind blew past us. I know we should be worried about the lightening choosing us to strike, but in this moment, nothing else mattered. Not even the potential death threat unraveling before us. Instead of getting inside, we both let the cold water pour around us.

I watched as her eyes closed and she took a few steps away from me, carefully. I quickly moved forward and slicked my hand across the span of her stomach and pulled her so her back was pressed to my front. Icy fingers placed themselves on my hand mine and removed them with a soft, inaudible chuckle. I moved forward with her and took her hand then spun her around.

She breathlessly laughed and stumbled onto my foot. I smiled and held her tightly so she wouldn't topple over. Her smile was still there, but it held another emotion very slightly, fear.

With her at such close proximity, I watched as the drops of rain graced her skin then slid down the length of her face.

My hand rested on the small of my back and I placed my other right under where her collar bones would be if she was as skinny as society showed, but still above her private chest area. With the hand that was on her upper body, I pushed back slightly and led her into a dip.

Her hair relentlessly hung downward and swayed with the wind. Sophia's eyes were closed but an ever-present smile still kept on her face. I made sure to hold her firmly so she wouldn't slip from my grasp. She didn't. I was so caught up in her that the loud roar of thunder right above us scared me and caused me to call out some foul words.

"Oh my," she said in between laughs. She tried to lift herself from the dip, but I lost balance and this time, I accidentally let her go. Her strong senses came into play and before she could make it halfway down, grabbed me for some sort of stability. I wasn't as aware as she was and ended up falling heavily on her.