82

A silence fell while everyone looked at each other, then the guy spoke.

"Boss it's some famous painting," he said.

"Shit!" the guy with silver teeth swore.

"Maybe we can catch the rich boy and get his daddy to pay more," said the one called Shiano.

"Or you can all be dead bodies at the bottom of the river because his daddy gots connections with the Chinese mafia," said Jaemin and everyone looked at him.

"Are you serious?" the leader glanced at his people.

He considered it for a moment.

"Shiano get this stupid painting and let's move out of here and if you ever mug in our zone again you'll have to pay twice as much," he made some rude signs towards them then they grabbed the painting and left the house.

The moment the door closed behind them Taeyong fell to it and locked it. He took a deep breath and ran to his grandma falling to her knees.

"Nan are you ok?" he asked.

She nodded and he kissed her hand trembling from fear.

He saw how Sicheng freed Jaemin from the lines he was chained with.

"Where do you have this painting from," asked Taeyong's grandma looking at him seriously.

"I got it as a gift," Sicheng became red. "From Qian Kun."

"Ah you're the boy Yuta was beaten up for," she looked at him.

"I'm deeply sorry for it," Sicheng became even more red.

Jaemin walked to Taeyong and his grandma and hugged both giving them a sign of how much he was scared and how glad he is they're ok.

"I'll call Yuta," whispered Taeyong taking his phone.

He stayed next to his grandma while Sicheng brought some water for the lady and the first aid for Jaemin, he helped the boy the get some ointment on his cheek when someone knocked and all froze.

"It's me Yuta," they heard a voice so Taeyong ran to the small window, glanced out and then opened the door.

He locked it the moment Yuta got in.

"Are you ok?" Yuta ran to Sicheng and hugged him tightly.

"Yes," Sicheng lowered his head again.

"Sicheng was brilliant, saved all of us," whispered Jaemin.

"Really, my baby," Yuta kissed Sicheng's lips a few times.

"He was brave," said Taeyong.

"Let's not be brave anymore, and all move to Emma for the night in case they come back," proposed Yuta.

They looked at each other and agreed on the idea, so Yuta called Emma, and she decided to pick them up.

"But we won't all fit into your car," said Yuta.

He turned to call off and looked at them.

"She said she won't be alone," he announced.

So they waited and half an hour later engines sounded at the door. Taeyong checked through the little window again before he opened, the fear was still going through him and he was glad to see the red haired girl. She was followed by Taeil who came in and ran to his brother.

"Taeil!" Jaemin hugged him tightly and Taeyong felt something warm inside him.

"What happened, we need to catch them," Taeil looked at his brother's beaten up face.

"It's ok were ok," Jaemin cuddled into him again.

"Let's get going," Emma glanced at them.

"You can go, I'm staying here, I won't be afraid to be in my own house," Taeyong's grandma smiled in a tired way.

"Nan but?" stuttered Taeyong.

"I can call a friend he's a detective, he can watch the house," said Emma and Taeyong shivered.

"Ok, but if Nan's staying I'm doing too," he said.

So Yuta and Sicheng said bye and followed Emma to the car while Jaemin asked if he could spend the night with his brother.

"Go," Taeyong smiled to him and caressed the boy's hair. "Your brother is a great kid," ha said to Taeil.

"I know," Taeil became red but he seemed proud.

"So see you tomorrow at the talent show," Jaemin waved to them when he and Taeil left.

Taeyong fell on the edge of the armchair and laid his hands around his grandma.

They stayed quiet too tired to speak and too relieved to be still fine.

Thank you so much for your support.

Do you like the chapter? What do you think about Sichneg and Jaemin finding a way out of the situation?

What do you think about Taeil finally being nice to his brother?

Much <3