24

The boys walked back to the kitchen, and Jaehyun introduced Taeyong to each worker, showed him how to use every machine, where each pot and bowl was placed, where to heat what. They walked around the place, while Taeyong was admiring how calm Jaehyun was when he explained each tiny detail. He was always very warm to all his workers and Taeyong saw the admiration in their eyes, something the second in command could dream of, he instead was receiving upset glances, and whispers started whenever he moved out of reach, but Taeyong could really understand it. The bunny guy did everything to make people hate him.

"Sir don't waist yor precious time on him, I can do it for you," he ran to them when Jaehyun was showing Taeyong the ovens.

"Thank you if I need you help I'll call you," Jaehyun's voice turned to a cold so the guy walked off muttering something to himself.

"Why do you keep him?" asked Taeyong leaning closer to the boy.

"My mom want's him here," Jaehyun's face and ears got red.

Taeyong kept silent, he wished Jaehyun would fund a way to become his own man, not the one pushed around by his mum, his fiancée and his assistant.

"So, the ovens," Jaehyun smiled shyly and continued.

It was late in the evening and Taeyong was working on chocolate cookies. Jaehyun was giving him small works at first so he could adjust to the new place. The young girl, Alice, who was helping him seemed nice. They had a lot of fun decorating the cookies, but whenever they were laughing too loud the bunny guy appeared behind them shouting "This is not a playground but a workplace".

Taeyong was absolutely fed up with him after one day, but the cookies turned out great and Jaehyun gave him a warm smile when at one a.m. the work day finished and everyone started to pack.

"Oh he's here, he needs to sign the contract," a lady with dark hair dressed in a wine red jacket to a long black skirt came into the kitchen and Jaehyun winced.

"Mum, he has a contract with the producer," said Jaehyun.

"But the show is over, it's my contract for each of my workers!" she raised her voice while Taeyong had no idea if he should ran, hide, or stay.

"For the first half a year he has a contract with the producer, then we will discuss a new deal," said Jaehyun and she stopped, her eyes were tossing thunders.

"Fine, it will be even easier to fire him then," she turned around before leaving and slamming the door behind her.

A silence fell, the workers who hasn't gone yet looked at Jaehyun with pale faces.

"Please go home, and have a nice night, thank you for your work," Jaehyun tried to keep a straight face.

So his workers left, soon Taeyong was the only one in the kitchen.

"Sir!" the bunny guy ran inside.

"Goodnight!" Jaehyun emphasized the word so much that the guy turned around and left.

He turned the light of above them.

"Don't worry if I'm not good enough, just don't keep me here," said Taeyong.

"Stop ok!" Jaehyun raised his voice.

"Why have you chosen me in the show?" asked Taeyong because this question was still ringing in his head since the first round.

He didn't belong here it was more than obvious.

"Because you're talented, you're a better cook than me," Jaehyun came closer, his eyes were watery but he didn't let the tears out.

"I always thought people that have everything are happy," muttered Taeyong looking away.

Hi, thank you so much for all the support :)

What do you think about the chapter? Will Jae ever be able to become his own man?

Much <3