Chapter thirty-eight

Start from the beginning

"We need to tell her.", Alex cried out and pursed his lips when Max grunted in frustration.

"Will you just shut up? I'm trying to figure a way out. Shelly can't be a part of this. We have to keep her out of this.", Max rushed out and Alex's shoulders slumped in defeat.

"I think you're right! Shelly can't be -

"I'm right here, you know?", I asked in utter disbelief.

I can't bear it when someone talk about me when I'm right there in front of them. I mean, like really. Well, hello! Can't you see I'm right here or maybe you're blind.

They both looked at me, as if finally noticing that I was right there with them but then they avoided me like a plague and looked back at each other.

What the hell?!

"But they already saw her. They would do their best to harm her.", Alex said, his voice cracking at the end and I swear I saw Alex secretly wiping at his eyes. What the hell is wrong? Who wants to harm me?

"Alex", Max said soothingly and shook Alex's left shoulder lightly, consoling him. 

"Please, tell me what's wrong?", I asked and shifted uncomfortably under their penetrating eyes.

"Listen to me.", Max said and sat down.

I sat down too and looked at them. Alex was looking down, gulping his drink once in a while and glancing past us. I followed his gaze and you wouldn't believe this! He was looking at one of the waitresses who was eyeing him like a piece of candy. Woah, Alex is just so full of surprises.

"Alex!", Max groaned and then, slapped Alex on the back of his head.

"Hey!", Alex whined and rubbed the back of his head.

"Focus", Max scoffed.

"Kay", Alex sighed but agreed and crossed his hands over his chest.

"Shelly, you do remember Aiden and that guy Seb, right?", Max asked and looked up at me. I nodded and waited for him to continue.

"Well, they are our rivals.", Max continued but stopped when he saw the look on my face. I'm hundred percent sure I look like someone who just saw a ghost right now.

"You - you mean to say that - that you -

"Yes, we do have rivals. But unfortunately, Aiden happens to be part of a gang. So are all of our rivals who are loyal to that asshole.", he said, looking unconvinced, maybe wondering if he was doing the right thing by telling me all of this.

Okay! Now, I'm definitely screwed. What I thought of my senior year and what have I gotten myself into? I sighed and banged my head onto the table in defeat.

"Shelly, are you okay?", I heard Alex asking me but I shook my head, not really wanting to answer him right now.

"Shelly", Max grumbled and shook me slightly. I could tell that he was pissed and annoyed by my behavior but well, you can't really blame me. I'm totally screwed. Why did I get involved with them?

"Shelly, say something.", Max grunted and I looked up to see both of them looking at me sadly and disappointingly.

"So, what have that got to do with me?", I asked and crossed my hands over my chest and huffed in irritation.

"Shelly, your life is in danger.", Max sighed and looked down.

What the fuck?

•••••••••••••

So, guys! What's up? Hope you all are having a great time.

Bad news is that I won't be able to update more from now on! I will update but that will be just on weekends! Sorry! But I'll try my best to update whenever I'm free but no promises! It's just that I have to give my level best at school and I've got loads of school works already! And you know what! It's been only the first week back at school but then again, maybe, it's just how senior's year really is like!! Oh god! Help me!

Anyway, another question for our little game custom : where would you always find solace and peace when you're tired of your same everyday routine life?

Remember : the one who comments first gets the next chapter dedicated to him/her...

See you ^^