Passing Time

The one thing I hate it stories is the premature L bomb. Like can you get a few chapters in before the characters decide to shout "I Love You!" At the top of their lungs?

-/-/-/-/-

It had been a week since that incident.

Since you saw Ayano-Chan cry.

You hadn't spoken to her since. Not because you didn't want to, but because she was avoiding you.

Like a disease.

Every time you called out her name in a corridor, she would blush awkwardly, holding her hands tightly to her chest and rush off in a random direction, as if trying to escape you.

To say you were worried was putting it mildly. You distraught that Ayano didn't want to spend time with you, missing her presence.

But as the week went on, the hope that Ayano might eventually speak to you dwindled.

Eventually, you found yourself growing closer to Osana and Senpai.

When they first noticed you, on your second day of school, you were sitting alone. Surprised that Ayano wasn't with you, Osana dragged you up to the rooftop, demanding that you sit with her and Taro from now on.

Currently, it was lunch time.
You sat quietly next to Senpai, listening to a story he was telling about a girl called Oka Ruto.

"And then..." He whispered, afraid of being overheard. "I saw her following them home!" He was speaking of the Basu sisters, two girls who were rumored to be supernatural.

You obviously didn't believe a word, but chose not to say that outright.

Osana stared at you. Uncomfortable, you raised your eyebrow. "Can I help you..?" She blushed, aware that you had caught her staring.

It's not like she was trying to hide it any who.

"B-Baka!" She stuttered, her face growing increasingly red. "I-I wasn't staring at y-you or anything!" She was, but you just ignored her.

Sensing an awkward atmosphere, Senpai turned to start a conversation with you.

"So (Y/n), have you heard anything from your dad?" He asked carefully, his puppy face irritating you for some reason.

"No." You snapped, causing Senpai to blush and stutter an apology. Realizing that you may have been a bit harsh, you patted his back.

"Sorry..." You mumbled, unaware of the heat rising to his face from your contact.

Osana must have noticed it too, as she began to get jealous. She got up from Taro's side and came to sit by you.

You looked at her quizzically, confused as to why she moved.

"I-it's not like I-I moved for y-you!" She growled, causing you to raise your eyebrows.

Your eye darted around the rooftop, searching for Ayano. It had become a force of habit.

You sighed when she didn't appear.

"If you say so." You grumbled.

Just as you were about to eat your lunch, you saw a flicker of black hair from the corner of your eye.