Yandere's confusion

Chapter 5

The familiar sound of your alarm going off woke you. You opened your eyes, the memories of yesterday fresh in your mind.

It felt like a dream.

It felt like a nightmare.

It felt confusing.

You sighed. How did you get tangled up in the affairs of an obsessive high school girl? An admittedly attractive high school girl, but psychopathic nonetheless.

Your heart fluttered as you recalled the feel of her body near yours. The heat of her body engulfing you. Captivating you.

Your hand reached up to touch the wound on your neck. It should've hurt, but it didn't. Instead, you felt butterflies in your stomach.

...

Was her twisted nature infecting you?

...

It was so hard to understand how such a innocent looking girl had such a monstrous personality.

Prepared for your second day in the hellish school, you walked down to greet your father. "Hey dad." Your father looked up from the newspaper and smiled at you.

"Good morning (y/n). I hope you slept well." You nodded and grabbed a piece of toast. "(Y/n), I hope my unexpected appearance yesterday didn't frighten you. It's just the general decided to send me home, whilst he prepared my next assignment."

You shook your head. "No way dad! I'm glad to see you back!" Your father laughed, got up and ruffled your hair. "Atta girl! Now get going, you're gonna be late for school!" You grinned. "Bye dad!" As you closed your front door, you heard your dad shout, "And say hello to your friend Ayano-Chan for me!"

You shook your head. You didn't think Yandere-chan would care much.

Walking to school, you ran into Yamada-Senpai and Osana-Chan.

"Hey! (Y/n)!" You jogged up to them, greeting them as you did. "Hey you two! What's up?"

Taro smiled at you, then as if he remembered something, he frowned. "Why didn't you meet me at lunch yesterday? Osana and I were looking everywhere for you, but you just disappeared!"

You explained to them what happened, leaving Yandere-Chan completely out of the picture. Taro looked at you worried. "Are you sure you should be coming to school, in your condition?"

You snorted. You weren't some delicate princess. "I'm fine. Thank you for worrying though." He smiled at you. "I'll always care for a friend!" You ruffled his hair.

Osana on the other hand, watched your exchange with interest. She thought there was something suspicious about your story, but chose not to say anything.

As you joked with Taro, you felt a hand touching your neck. Tensing slightly, you turned to see Osana inspecting your neck. "Does it hurt?" The sudden intrusion to your personal space made you blush. "A-a little bit. But not enough to stay at home all day!" You laughed awkwardly.

Osana looked unconvinced. But didn't say anything. Feeling thankful that she didn't pry anymore, you turned back to Taro. You were about to begin talking again, when you felt Yandere-Chan's aura behind you.

You shivered. You took a quick peek behind you and spotted Yandere-Chan, stalking well behind you.

You needed to do something quickly, otherwise Yandere-Chan would certainly be angry with you later. You swallowed a feelings of fear, and made a split second decision.

"Hey guys! Wait a sec, yeah?" Both Osana and Taro watched confused as you calmly walked to Yandere-chan.

Yandere-Chan glared at you. "What are you doing?" You took her arm. "Just trust me, okay?" Without waiting for an answer, you dragged her back to Taro and Osana.

"Guys! I want you to meet my friend, Ayano Aishi!" Ayano blushed and stuttered as Taro smiled at her. "Hey, nice to meet you, Aishi-San! I'm Taro Yamada." Yandere-Chan just nodded, too overcome with shock to reply. Osana eyed her. "Hello." But Yandere-Chan ignored her.

"Come on, let's go to school." You unlinked your arm with Ayano, and instead linked it with Osana's arm. Bewildered, Osana looked at you for an explanation. "Ehehe, I haven't really gotten the chance to speak with you properly, Osana-Chan!" You pulled her with you, leading the way to school so Yandere-Chan could have Senpai all to herself.

It stung your heart to do so, but you were afraid of what Yandere-Chan would do if you didn't.

Turning your attention to Osana, you decided to ask her questions about her life. It was surprisingly easy to talk to her, and you quickly found yourself giggling along to her stories.

Turning back to check on Yandere-Chan, you expected to see her fawning over Yamada-Senpai. Instead, you saw Taro passionately spewing words out whilst Ayano eyed your arm. The arm that was linked with Osana.

Although you were confused as to why she wasn't paying attention to Taro, you decided to ask her about it later.

Unbeknownst to you, Yandere-Chan's eye twitched as she watched you laughing with Osana. A feeling of rage began to build up in her stomach.

Why was her property doting on another?