Chapter 25

Over the course of the hour and a half I spend in the tub, I come to the conclusion that I am, for the most part, glad Braxton made it so that I can shift into a wolf. While the thought of the shift still terrifies me and I am stressed over the next full moon, I'm glad that I will actually be able to hold my own now. That pack mind link sounds pretty cool too.

"How long are you going to stay in there?" Braxton whines from beside the bathtub.

Once he finished his shower, he got dressed, dried his hair, and immediately plopped down on the ground next to the tub. He's been complaining ever since.

"If you're so annoyed by this, why don't you just go?" I ask him, rolling my eyes for what feels like the millionth time.

Braxton growls lowly in response. "No. I'm not leaving you."

"You talk like I'm still a human. I'm a wolf now Braxton, you don't need to worry about me anymore."

"You haven't gone through your first shift yet, so as far as I am concerned you're still a human until you do," Braxton says quietly, his voice like steel. "And it doesn't matter to me that you will shift soon. You are still my mate; I will always worry about you."

I roll my eyes, getting a bit annoyed with his overprotectiveness. I'm sure it's a wolf thing... an Alpha thing... but it can still be absolutely infuriating.

I move around in the tub, trying to get a few more stretches in before I get out. Braxton was seriously confused earlier when I first started to do some yoga poses while in the tub, it was actually really cute. He looked like a lost puppy until I explained to him that you need to stretch muscles that you haven't used in a while.

Of course, I teased him a bit for not understanding that. He's a wolf, you think he'd know things like that. He said that he did know and that he was just confused as to the fact that I was doing the yoga while in a bathtub. But to be honest, I don't know if I fully believe him.

"You need to leave," I tell him.

"Are you getting out?" Braxton asks, looking at me with hope in his eyes.

"Ugh, yes, now go!" I tell him, reaching out to smack him on the shoulder.

Braxton smirks down at me after he stands, before he walks out of the bathroom. This time, he does close the door behind him.

Shortly after he does so, I start to drain the tub and get out. I grab one of the fluffy white towels and dry off as best I can. After getting dressed and brushing my still pretty wet hair, I make my way out into the bedroom. Braxton is waiting for me on the bed and he stands up the second that I walk out of the bathroom.

"Are you hungry? I can make you whatever you want. Or we can go somewhere!" Braxton starts to ramble. As he speaks he reaches out and grabs one of my hands, holding onto it tightly.

"What time is it?" I cut in.

"5:30," Braxton replies, not even looking at a clock.

"Maybe we could go out and get dinner?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Sure! Whatever you want!" Braxton says as he starts to tug me out of the bedroom.

"Can Natalie and Asher come?" I question.

Braxton hesitates and I can tell that he is still not too happy with Natalie for the whole alcohol incident. "Whatever you want," he repeats.

I grin at his answer. "Okay! Can you like mind link them?"

"Why don't you give it a try?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, stopping dead in my tracks on the staircase. When I stop, Braxton does too and he turns to look into my wide eyes.