Ch. 20: Another Exhausting Flight

-December 16th, The Day before the Wedding-
-Your PoV-

The ride to the airport was nice, but the airport itself was the total opposite.
You and Mark were exhausted, he had had a long night of editing. One of his videos had corrupted last minute during scheduling so he was up most of the night trying to edit and correct it.

You on the other hand, you were up most of the night going over all the things you had packed, just to make sure you had everything you needed, and you double checked that you had your dress neatly tucked away in your suitcase.
You had also checked the forecast so many times that Mark ended up confiscating the laptop, but he soon came to the realization that you could check the weather on your phone as well.

When he had caught you going over the flight details and weather again, he just sighed and rolled his eyes as he passed your room, muttering, "I'm going to take your phone away from you too if I catch you looking it up again!" With a soft chuckle.
You waved your hand dismissively in his direction while your eyes were glued to your screen, constantly checking what you could.

Normally, you wouldn't have acted this way. You wouldn't have been as adamant about checking what the weather would be like for a flight, but you were going to your father's wedding and you had to be there. You couldn't have any delays, this is why you were going a day earlier just so you wouldn't be late in case you did have any sort of delay.
This was a big deal, and you were so happy for your father, for him finally getting back out there and settling after what your mother did to him.

The airport was hell and very little people were polite to the two of you, and that only exhausted the both of you even more.
But once you were passed security and you had your luggage safely on the plane, it was smooth sailing from there.
The flight itself allowed the two of you to nap for a couple of hours, which was immensely needed.

When you landed, it was a lot less crowded and a lot calmer than what you had experienced just trying to board the flight to get here.
Now, the two of you were patiently waiting for your luggage to arrive on the conveyor belt.

"I'm going to call dad and tell him that we're going to be running a little bit late on meeting him for lunch, I would really like to go to the hotel and drop our stuff off and quickly change into something much warmer than what I'm wearing.." You look down at your very thin shirt and shorts, slightly embarrassed that you didn't think of dressing warmer before your flight.

Mark nods, stifling a yawn as he watches the people slowly claim their baggage. "Alright, I'll keep an eye out for our stuff. Go do what you need to do." He smiles softly at you before he shuffles closer to the conveyor belt.

You pull out your phone, quickly dialing your father's number as you stray away from the crowds of people. On the second ring, you were greeted by your father's voice.

"Hey Princess!" You could practically see him beaming right now, "How was your flight?"

You cross your free arm over your chest, holding onto your other arm as you absentmindedly walked around. "Well, the flight was fine but before boarding, it was very...hectic." You tell him, glancing over to see Mark was still waiting for your things. You turn your back to his direction, watching people brush passed each other and dodge other people.

"Yeah, since it's the weekend I kinda suspected that it was going to be horrible." He chuckles, "I wish it could've went smoother, I'm sorry."

You shook your head, "It's okay, I'm just happy we're finally here." You smile as you looked back over at Mark, seeing that he was pulling your suitcase off of the conveyor belt. "Hey, we're gonna be a little late on meeting you for lunch. I want to go to the room and change-"