Ch. 13: Thanksgiving "Package"

-Thanksgiving Day-

Oh boy, today is the day.
Today was the day you were going to spend thanksgiving alone, but you honestly didn't mind. It wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last. You know you'll be spending thanksgivings alone again in the future at some point.

You woke up with a bit of the blues, or so called depression, but you brushed it off and just lazed around the house.
Mark had already texted you early this morning when you were still asleep. It was a cute message, and it honestly made your day a bit brighter when you read it.

From Markimoo: Happy Turkey Day y/n! I wish you could be here to experience my Momma's delicious Turkey and stuffing! I hope you have a gobbly-gobble day! I'll call you tonight.

You smile as you read over your text back to him.

To Markimoo: Happy Turkey Day you dork! Thank you, and have a good 'gobbly' day yourself. Talk to you tonight dork!

He was such a dork, but it put a smile on your face that you desperately needed, which you didn't know why. You didn't understand why you felt this way, you've been alone for years before. Maybe it was because you were already so used to having Mark almost constantly by your side, or just have him being in the house in general.

You sigh and sat your phone down on the coffee table while you stood, you stretched a bit before you made your way into the kitchen to get yourself something to eat. The one thing you did do yesterday was you went and got yourself an already cooked turkey so you didn't have to bother with cooking it yourself. All you have to do is heat it up. Perfect.

You pull out the bread from the freezer and tossed it on the countertop, then you closed the freezer door and opened the fridge door.
As soon as you reach forward to grab the turkey, your phone started ringing in the living room. You closed the fridge door and made your way to your phone, that sat on the coffee table.

You look at the screen as you reach down to pick it up, smiling softly as you read who was calling.

You answer the call and put the phone to your ear as you head back into the kitchen. "Happy Thanksgiving, Daddy." You smile.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Princess." Your dad replies, you could just imagine the smile on your fathers face. You miss that smile so much, you miss seeing it everyday. "How's your day going so far?" He asks you.

You slowly began to pull off the tie on the bag of bread, then you pull out two frozen slices of bread before you tie it back up and tossed it in the freezer, where it belongs. "Eh, slow. I'm thinking about watching Homeward Bound." You tell him with a small smile. "How about you Dad?"

"You always loved that movie, and you always seemed to cry." Your Dad chuckles, "My day has been pretty eventful, but the events are to be explained later." He sighs out, "Hey, did your package come today?"

"My package? That you sent me?" You frown a bit, "Uh, no. Why?" You ask as you separated the frozen pieces of bread so it can thaw out quicker.

"Oh, really? It should've been there, I specifically made sure it was going to be delivered today." Your Dad says, trailing off as you thought he was probably looking for the tracking number so he could check it out online. "Are you sure they didn't deliver it this morning? Have you left the apartment today?"

"I'm sure, Daddy. Calm down, take a breath and let it out." You tell him, shaking your head as you heard your Dad take a deep breath in and out. "They could've delivered it early this morning, do you want me to go check out the door?"