Ch. 10: The Holidays are Here...

You're making your way downstairs for lunch, as your stomach demanded for food in the middle of a movie you were watching in your room.
You skip the last stair and shuffled your way into the kitchen with a soft sigh, thinking about what you could make yourself.

You open the fridge and glanced over what was there before you hungrily decided to make yourself a Turkey sandwich.
You pull out the honey roasted turkey breast package out of one of the drawers in the fridge, mayo, cheese slices, lettuce and tomato.
Once you collected what you needed, you place everything on the counter and grabbed the bread that sat near the toaster. You grab yourself a knife and then began to quickly assemble your sandwich.

It didn't take you long to make it, and while you were at it you decided to make Mark one too, knowing he would be too busy to go get himself something to eat...and because you're an amazingly awesome roommate.

You wrapped Mark's sandwich up in Saran Wrap so he could eat it whenever he wanted with very little worry.
You left his sandwich sitting on the counter so you could finish your plate you had prepared for yourself, and then began to clean up the mess you made and put away the ingredients you used.

When you were done with that, you grab your plate and the saran wrapped sandwich before shuffling through the living room and ascended the stairs.
When you made it to the top, you could hear Mark speaking, but it didn't sound like he was talking to his camera.

You decide to just pass his door so you could set your plate down on your nightstand before you made your way back to his room. You quietly push the door open, as it wasn't all the way shut, and silently walk into the room.

Mark was on the phone, leaning back comfortably in his chair. He looks at you and smiles slightly, but he continues on with his conversation. You sat the wrapped up sandwich down on a clear space on his desk, grabbing one of his graph paper note pads and wrote a small little note.

'Didn't want to disturb you, but thought you'd like to have something to eat. It's turkey :)'

You quietly place the pen and paper back down beside the sandwich and Mark takes a peek as he talks. "Yeah, I promise Momma, I'll make it." He says, looking up at you, mouthing a 'thank you.'
You nod and returned a soft smile before you made your way out of his room, quietly pulling the door shut until it clicks, which you tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

You return to your room, shut your door and climbed back in bed with a sigh, settling comfortably before retrieving your plate from your nightstand and carried on with your movie.

About a hour into it, you had finished your sandwich and you were laying on your back under your covers, just relaxing as you let yourself get engrossed into the story that you were watching.
The thing was, you were so engrossed with it that you didn't hear a soft knock at your bedroom door.

You jump slightly as there was a louder knock and then Mark's voice saying your name from the other side of the door. You sigh softly, shifting a bit in your bed to sit up. "Yeah? Come in." You call out.

Mark opens your door and walks in, a hand running through his black hair. "Hey are you busy?" He asks, and by then you had paused your movie so you didn't miss anything important.

You shook your head, reaching over to your nightstand, grabbing your water bottle. "Nah, what's up?" You ask, opening the bottle before taking a swig of the clear liquid.

Mark stops at the end of your bed before he sits at the end, one leg tucked up underneath himself, facing you a bit, and the other hanging off the side. "So, I just got off the phone with my Mom and I wanted to tell you that I'm going to be heading down there for thanksgiving."