Ch. 1: The Move

You couldn't help but feel nervous about moving in with a guy, but you had no choice as you just moved from Santa Cruz to L. A.

All you had was your Xbox 360, your games and some clothes in a backpack and suit case. You left everything else you didn't want to your old roommate, as really all you had was a broken lap top, a bed and shit you didn't need to truck all the way to L. A.

You just got off the phone with the guy you were moving in with, you forgot his name, but he was giving you directions where to go, as you haven't been to L. A. in years.

"Here's your stop." The taxi driver pulls in front of the apartment. You thank him and pay him before you pulled your heavy back pack out of the cab and grabbed your suit case from the trunk.

You pull the handle up so you can drag your suitcase on its wheels to the front porch stairs. You sigh softly as you hung your backpack strap over your shoulder and bit your lip slightly before you step into the building and head up a flight of stairs, which carries on for another two levels. Luckily, this man was on the second floor.

You found the mans room number, as it was easy to do so as there was only 4 doors on the second floor. You let go of your handle on your suitcase and knocked on the door. Moments later you are greeted by a bright smile and soft, framed eyes known as your new roommate. "Hello! I'm Mark Fischbach, you must be [Y/N]!"

"Yes, [F/N] [L/N]," you smile at the man.

"Welcome! Come on in! Let me get that for you." Mark smiles at you and takes your suitcase. "Man, this is heavy, do you have a dead body in here?" Mark chuckles, moving aside so you can come in.

So, he has some humor, that's good. "Nah, just a few heads though." You smirk before giving him a soft smile when you pass him to step into the apartment. The very first thing you see when you walk in is a spiral staircase, which shocked you because...wasn't this an apartment? how can it have stairs!? You walk past the wall and saw the living room. You weren't surprised really, the place was a mess... Yet again there was a guy living here so... What do you expect?

Mark sets your suitcase by the stairs before nervously walking around, picking up wrinkled shirts and pajama pants off of the rail on the staircase, off the floor and off the back of the couch. "Sorry it's such a mess, I just got back from visiting family back home. I was working on cleaning the place up before I crashed out on the couch." He gives you a sheepish smile.

You chuckle slightly, "Don't worry about it, I understand." You shook your head as Mark tosses the clothes he picked up, in a pile that was already forming on the floor in a corner. You sat your backpack by the suitcase and held your hands behind your back. You watched the man as he continue to toss his clothes in a pile and straighten up the couch.

Once he was done with that he smiles at you. "Let me show you around, then we can head upstairs and to your room." He walks past the couch and points to the kitchen. "It's obvious that's the kitchen, and that's the living room..." He chuckles slightly. "There's a bathroom over here... and over that way, is a pretty nice sized balcony to sunbathe and relax." He turns and points to the glass wall, the sun shining brightly through them and into the room.

You walk over and grab your backpack as Mark makes his way by the stairs, but insists he carries your stuff.

"I can carry my stuff upstairs." You offer, holding your hand out to take your stuff back from him. "You don't have to."

"Shush you, I'm trying to be a gentleman." Mark smiles slightly, continuing up the spiral staircase. You follow behind him, shaking your head but grateful for his persistence with helping you. You've had a long stressful day on a flight that made your back sore.