Ch. 12: Back to the Past

Please read the A/N at the end of this chapter

-Nine Years Ago-

You adored your parents, you always have, ever since you were just a little girl. They always seemed so happy, so content with where they were at in their life and how they were living it.

Ever since you could remember, you always told your parents that you hoped that you'd find your special someone who would look at you like your Daddy looked at your Momma.

You remember word-for-word of what you told your Daddy one day when you stumbled up to him. He had picked you up in his strong arms, with that bright smile on his face as he listened to you.

"What is it Princess?" He hummed to you, leaning in to kiss your cheek.

You looked up at him, your curious yet bright (e/c) eyes shining with innocence. "I want to marry a boy just like you one day, Daddy." You smiled up at him, your little arms wrapping around his neck. "One to take care of me like you take care of Momma, to love me like you love Mommy, to be my everything."

At the time, you didn't know what love meant, all you knew was the fairy tales from the stories and Disney movies you used to watch as a child, and the love you saw between your parents. You didn't know anything else but just that, you didn't see the fights that came with a relationship or a marriage, you just didn't see it.

You grew up admiring the thought that one day you would have the kind of love your parents had. That you would have the perfect marriage with nothing but love fueling it.

But, one day that very image started to crumble right in front of you.

You were in your room, playing a new video game that you had just gotten from your dad a few days ago.

"Dominic?" You hear your mother call. You could hear a sense of nervousness in her tone. You heard your fathers heavy footsteps come down the hallway and enter your parents room. The door was quietly shut behind him. After the door was shut, you went back to playing your game. Everything was fine and dandy until you heard your mother sob. You quickly turned down the volume, and eavesdropped on their conversation, because curiosity got the better of you. 

"I'm so sorry Dom. I meant to tell you sooner, but you were so excited. I didn't want to take that away from you..." Your mother cried.

"What?! What do you mean Y/N isn't my daughter? Of course she is! You wouldn't cheat on me. Never! No! I refuse to believe this bull shit Susan." Your dad yelled, angrily.

"Dom, it's true. It's true..." Your mom cried.

"Why tell me this now Sue? Why now?" Your dad barked after drawing in a deep breath.

"Y/N's father is in town, and he wants to meet her. I gave him our address." Your mom said.
Your blood ran cold and your breathing shallowed. What? How could she!?

"You what?" Your dad exploded.

"Dominic," Your mother snapped.
"I gave him our address so he could meet his daughter. If you don't like the fact that he'll be here in a few minutes then get the hell out of my house." Your mom told him.

"I refuse to believe she's not my daughter." Your dad said as the doorbell rang. You heard his heavy footsteps thunder down the hallway and to the front door. You scrambled from your room, leaving your video game on pause.

As you left the safety of your room, you saw your crying mother standing in her bedroom, trying to collect herself. You walked quickly passed her room, down the hall and down the stairs. You stood behind your father, at the beginning of the staircase. Your father opened the front door quickly and stared at the man on the porch.