Ch. 19: Oh, How The Tables Have Turned.

"She won't let me see the dress, Jack!" Mark took your phone with one hand while the other picked up a fry from the pile the two of you shared, and began to munch on it as he stared at Jack through the screen of your phone.

Jack rolls his eyes at Mark, "If she's not showing you, then maybe there's a reason!" He exclaims, chuckling.

"But I wanna see it!" Mark whines as he throws his head back like a child, tossing down the rest of the fry he was munching on. "I took her!"

"I don't care if you took her!" Jack shakes his head as he sits down in his chair, propping his phone up on his desk before he stares at his monitor screen. "If she doesn't want you to see it, then you don't need to see it." He says calmly, smiling as he was well aware of all the fits Mark can make over this.

You snatch the phone out of Mark's hand while you toss his half eaten fry at him, "Thank you!" You tell Jack as you turn your phone around so he could see you. "Someone's on my side about this!" You huff, flinching seconds later as Mark throws a fry at your face.

The two of you were at the park, sitting across each other at a table in the shade.
The park today wasn't too busy, there was a few people out walking their dogs, and parents huddled up on benches talking to each other as they watch their children play on the playground. But that was a few feet from where the two of you were at, so you had enough privacy to not be worried about how loud you were getting, or how stupid your conversation was.

"Did he just deck you in the face with a fry?" Jack asks, clearly used to this behavior. You nod, wiping your face with your hand. "Good Lord," He shakes his head as he fixes his beanie, "You two fight over such stupid, little things, I swear it seems like the two of you are in a relationship." He mumbles the last part to himself.

Your heart almost leaps out of your chest as you stare at Jack, your face immediately starting to burn. "Uh-" You gulp as you glance up at Mark, "What did you just say?" You bit your lip, wondering if Mark heard that too.

"Huh?" Jack looks at you, a slight smirk appearing on his face as he shrugs and leans back in his chair. "I said the two of you fight over such stupid, little things." You narrow your eyes at Jack, in which he only winks at you in return.
He knew you heard him, but he was playing it off like he didn't say anything else.

"Didn't you say something else?" You prop your phone up against your drink, your eyes trained on Jack now. He shook his head, "Are you sure?" You ask, tilting your head slightly at the man on the screen. You swear that ever since you've mentally accepted your crush for Mark, you feel like you're hearing things. If not, it's just more obvious to you that everyone around you thinks you and Mark are a couple. Maybe you were just wrapped up in trying not to form said crush on your roommate, that you were too oblivious to the obvious signs that friends and even strangers around you could clearly see.

"I'm sure." You look up and behind Mark to see a dog bolt across the Park to another dog, happily barking and wagging their tails. "So, Mark?" Jack leans forward, his chin resting in the palm of his hands. "You going to go to your mothers for Christmas?" He asks while you adjust your phone against your drink so he could see the both of you.

Mark runs his hand through his hair, sighing softly. "As much as I would love to," He bites his lip before staring back down at your phone. "No. I just don't have the time to record enough videos in between today and the time that we have to fly down to make it to the wedding-"

"Ohh!" Jack giggles, "So, you are going to the wedding with Y/N!" You stare down at the half eaten pile of fries that was in front of you, a small smile sneaking up on your face. "That was gonna be my next question!"