Ch. 9: The Rumors

-Your PoV-

You wake up the next morning ...in your bed? You look around your room before your eyes found your phone on your nightstand. You lean up and reach out for it, then laid back down on your back. You turn on your phone to check the time, it was around eleven. You groan and stretch.

You don't remember going to bed last night, you just remember watching a movie with Mark. You brush off the questions on how you got to bed before pushing the blankets off of yourself. You swung your feet off the side of the bed and stood up, listening to your knee cracking and your back popping.

You sigh and quickly picked out a tank top, ripped shorts and your converse shoes. You yawn and make your way to the bathroom, shutting the door behind you once you walked in and began to strip out of the clothes you wore all day yesterday and slept in.

You debated on taking a shower before deciding to just get it over with despite not wanting to at the moment. You turn the shower on and waited for it to get warm before hopping in. You washed your body, shaved your legs and washed your hair before rinsing off completely. You got out and wrapped a towel around yourself for a few seconds, then you dried your body and put lotion on before getting dressed.

You left the bathroom once you were dressed and stood in front of the mirror and sinks, brushing your wet hair, letting it air dry once you were done. You brushed your teeth and put on little makeup. You put your contacts in and sighed as you picked up your dirty clothes and towel before you headed for your room, tossing them into your hamper.

You slip on your favorite Converse shoes before heading down the stairs and into the kitchen, planning on getting yourself a bowl of cereal. When you opened the cupboard, you lifted the box of frosted flakes to feel it was very low on its contents. You frown and looked in the box, seeing there was at least one more serving left. You put the box back and decided not to eat, you weren't that hungry anyways.

You checked the rest of the cupboards to see if it was time to go to the store again, it was.
You close the last cupboard doors and headed for the stairs, you didn't hear talking when you walked past Mark's door earlier, so he's either sleeping still or he's editing.

You've become comfortable with Mark's lifestyle, you knew when and not when to bother the man when he was in his room. Especially when he's editing, as you've interrupted him a few times in the beginning on accident, which he's never gotten mad over.

You ascend the stairs and turned for Mark's door once you were at the top, you noticed his door was cracked open slightly, indicating he for sure wasn't recording, otherwise it'd be shut. You hear faint typing and you gently knocked on the door, letting it slowly creak open. You peak in his room and saw he has his headphones on, staring intently at his screen before his eyes met yours.

He pulls his headphones down to rest on his shoulders, "Hey there." He smiles big, "You're awake." You roll your eyes and stepped further into his room. He leans back into his chair and puts his hands behind his head, stretching with a soft groan. "What's up?"

"Hey, I just went through the cupboards and we're low on a lot of stuff," You say, stuffing your hands in your pockets. "Do you think I can barrow your car? I'm going to go to the store." You're now standing in front of Mark, he swivels his chair so he's facing you.

He nods, leaning forward again to swipe his keys from his desk. "Sure, here." He holds out his keys and you pull one of your hands from your pocket and took them, smiling. "Do you want me to come with you to help?"

You shook your head, "Nah, it's fine. I got this run. Thanks, I'll be back soon." You hum, turning on your heel and headed for the door. You stop before you step out of his room and leaned against the frame, "Do you have any requests?" You ask, noticing Mark was still staring at you.