Ch. 6: Fright Walk

-Mark's PoV-

Sean and I woke up early to make (Y/N) breakfast. We both thought it would be nice for us to do for her since she's going to be showing us everything here in Santa Cruz. Well, technically it's for all of us but I guess it was just so she didn't have to cook like she said she was going to.

To make the breakfast we planned, we had to go to the store to get the ingredients. Luckily, I remembered where it was at from yesterday. We didn't want to take too long, just in case (Y/N) decided to wake up early.

Once we got back, Sean and I took the ingredients for breakfast out of the bags and began to prepare to cook.

I began to wash my hands before pulling out a frying pan for the scrambled eggs and a frying pan out for the bacon. Sean started cracking the eggs. I trust that he can crack them without getting some of the shell-

"Shit." Sean mutters before picking a couple pieces of what I'm assuming is the shell of an egg. I shook my head and placed one of the pans on the stove before opening the package to the bacon. I placed ten strips in the frying pan before turning the stove on low and placed the lid over it so we didn't get popped, and when I say we, I meant me.

I wipe my hands off on to a wet paper towel and debated on what I should make with the eggs and bacon. We bought various things to have in the morning, such as cold and hot cereal, eggs, toast, strudels and pop tarts...

"Which sounds better with eggs and bacon?" I ask in a soft tone, knowing (Y/N)'s door is cracked open. "Oatmeal, made on the stove, or hash browns and toast?"

Sean walks over to the stove and poured in the whisked eggs in a the other frying pan on the stove and turned it on. "Uhm, just do the oatmeal and some toast, even though you said hash browns and toast." He says as he grabs a rubber spatula to move the eggs around in the pan slowly.

I nod and grabbed the can of Quaker's oatmeal and grabbed a measuring cup, filled it to the top and sat it down to go and grab a pan and filled that with water before moving to the stove and place it on, turning the burner on. Once it got hot, I poured the oatmeal in and stirred.

What I love about making oatmeal like this is it takes only one minute to cook. I checked on the bacon, lifting the lid- "Ouch! Son of a..." He mutter under my breath, rubbing my arm as I flip the pieces of bacon over and then put the lid back on the pan. I hate that bacon pops when it cooks. At least it's almost done.

I stirred the oatmeal once more before taking it off of the stove just as Sean pulled down bowls and plates. He sets them on the counter and I quickly divide the oatmeal between us three and sat the pan in the sink with hot soapy water.

"Eggs are almost done!" Sean hums and opens the fridge. "Want milk?"

"Yes, please, thanks." I say, grabbing the glasses and placed them on the other side of the countertops by the bar stools before doing the same with the food. I walk over to the stove and turn the burner off for the bacon and let it settle for a minute before taking the lid off, hoping it cooled slightly and wouldn't pop.

I grabbed a glass bottle and poured the grease into it after placing the pieces of bacon on a paper towel to drain. I placed the frying pan in the sink, putting soapy water on it and leaving it.

Just as I placed the bacon on the plates, I heard a door shut. She's awake. I couldn't help the grin on my face as I held my hands behind my back, watching Sean serve the eggs on each plate before taking the now empty pan to the sink. I rock on my heel to my toes back and forth as I waited.

Soon (Y/N) came out in short shorts and a baggy t-shirt, her hair up in a ponytail. "Aw! Boys! You made breakfast! It smells delicious!" She smiles.