Ch. 3: Is that Why?

It's been a week since you moved in and you haven't left the apartment, or even seen Mark out of his room for more than a hour a day.

Was it you? Did you do something wrong? Does he not like you?

You had no clue, but every time you passed Marks door, it would either be silent or he'd be talking, but you couldn't tell what he was saying as his voice was muffled.

You shook your head as you heard him talking again when you passed his door to go downstairs. You went into the kitchen to grab a water bottle and to rip off a stem of green grapes off of a huge vine Mark had in his fridge that wasn't there the other day.

You wash them off and grabbed a paper towel and sat them on there before carrying your things into the living room and plopped down on the red leather couch, a blanket under you so your legs don't stick to it.

You turn on the TV and scrolled through the guide until you hit around 300- and on, finding that Full House was having a marathon to ready everyone for the new series that's coming out soon.

You pop a grape in your mouth and selected the channel and sat the remote down, not really paying attention. You see a hand creep slowly down beside you and your grapes and successfully snatched a few off the stem.

"Hey! Get your own!" You swat at the hand, but missed.

Mark chuckles before he pats your head. "Full House?" You swat your hand at him again before you nod and placed another grape in your mouth.

You look up at him, catching that he was looking down at you already. "What?" You mumble. Mark shrugs before walking off to the kitchen and returning with his own grapes in his hand. You stare at the TV before suddenly yelling- "OH!" Making the man jump, you giggle before continuing. "Can I use your laptop?" You ask. "If you're not using it."

Mark nods, throwing a grape at you before walking to the stairs. You dodge the grape, having it land beside you. "Sure, let me go get it." He throws another grape at you, having it hit the side of your head, before ascending up the stairs with a giggle.

"Ow! Meanie!" You rub your head with a smile before turning your attention back on the TV screen.

Mark comes back down moments later and places his Asus laptop on the coffee table. "Here, whatever I'm on you can X out of it." He smiles.

You smile back before throwing a grape at him, successfully nailing him in the face. "Thanks." You hum. He jumps and puts on one of his weird faces before he runs his face.

"Hey, I'm going to go and get stuff for dinner, what would you like to eat?" Mark asks. You look at him again, shrugging. "Does chicken fettuccine sound good?"

"Yes! That sounds delicious!" You smile, Mark chuckles. "Can you also grab a liter of coke?" You ask.

"Sure, anything else?" You shook your head and Mark nods. "Okay then, I will be back soon. If you need anything while I'm at the store, you have my number already." He smiles and makes his way over to the door and slips his shoes on.

"Be safe!" You call out, getting a response of 'I will.' You hear the front door close and you quickly finish your grapes before grabbing his laptop. You open the lid and the screen was pitch black for a few seconds before it resumed and showed that Mark was on YouTube. You went to X out when something caught your eye.

The damn pink mustache.

You tilt your head. "Markiplier?" You mumble, you've heard that name before, but you couldn't recall ever really looking into it.

What also captured your attention was a video that displayed: Reaction Time.

'Hm, you really need to work on your reaction time'