Ch. 14: Daddy-Daughter Date

As soon as you and your father stepped into the Lumberjack restaurant, your nose was assaulted with the smell of a Thanksgiving Feast. "Oh God, it smells so good in here." You mumble, your stomach growling profusely as your father nodded in response.

You glance around the restaurant, noticing how packed the place really was. It looked like there was very few vacant booths and tables available for some more customers, so you and your father pretty much made it in time before there was a line forming to get in.

"Table for two?" A young, blonde waitress asks. You and your father nod at her, "Great, Right this way!" She smiles, leading you towards the back of the restaurant. "Would you like a booth or a table?"

"Booth would be great, thanks." Your father spoke up, already knowing that you'd be fine with it.
Once you got to the booth, you slid into the left side so your back was facing the wall and the window was to your left.

"Your waitress will be with you in just a moment." The girl says as she hands you both your menus.

"Thank you," You tell her before she leaves you two to go attend to other customers. "What do you plan on getting?" You ask your father as you slowly read through all the meals displayed on the menu. The Lumberjack restaurant doesn't really go all out for Thanks, it's just like another day at the restaurant, except a lot busier.

Your father doesn't reply right away, so you took this moment of silence to really look through the menu. "I think I'm going to get the baby back ribs, since the turkey meal doesn't look that good on here." Your Dad replies after a while. "What about you?"

You nibble on your bottom lip, searching silently for the meal that sounds and looks the most delicious to you. "I think I'm going to go with the pot roast with mashed potatoes." You look at the pictures before you decide that's what you wanted. "Yeah, that's what I'm going to have." You confirm, closing your menu. You turn it over to see what drinks they have available.

No longer than a minute later, another young waitress walks up to your table. "Hello, My name is Missy and I will be your waitress for the night." The Brunette smiles as she pulls out her notepad and pen. "What can I get you two to drink?"

Dad looks over at you and nods his head, silently telling you to go first. "Can I have a Pepsi, please?" You ask as the waitress nods her head.

"Sure thing!" She writes on her notepad before she turns her attention to your father. "And you Sir?"

"A Pepsi please, thanks." Your father smiles at her before he places the menu at the edge of the table so the waitress can take them away, so you do the same.

"You're welcome!" She says, pointing her pen down at the menus in front of her. "If you guys are ready, would you like to order now?" She asks, looking between you and your father.

Your father doesn't speak up, he just smiles at you, wanting you to order first. He's always been like that, which in your case, it was just a sign of being a gentleman.

You roll your eyes slightly, before you nod your head and looked up at the waitress. "Yes, we would actually." You tell her, "I would like the pot roast with mashed potatoes. Nothing on the side, please."

The waitress nods and shifts her body a bit, quickly writing down your order before she looked up at your father. "I would like-" You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, so you pull it out to see that Mark had sent you a photo of his plate of food.