From The Past - Elijah

Start from the beginning

"Elijah." Her voice was barely above a whisper. It was so quiet, any normal human being would not have caught it, but the original vampire heard her the second his name left her lips.

The pair stared at each other for several minutes, seemingly unsure if seeing the other was some sort of sick dream. Their hearts raced and their minds were swirling with questions. Elijah was the first to speak.

"It's been awhile." The original breathed out, his eyes never leaving hers.

"It has." She responded, staring back at him with the same intensity he was to her.

At that moment, Klaus and Hayley entered, instantly spotting Elijah with his fixated gaze on the girl in the corner. The original hybrid took two steps towards his brother before the realization dawned on him who she was.

"Aviana?" He questioned in disbelief, walking closer to get a better look.

Aviana finally broke her gaze with Elijah, her eyes meeting his brother's. "Hello, Niklaus."

"What are you doing in New Orleans?" Klaus asked, already ahead of the question Elijah held on the tip of his tongue.

"I'm just visiting." She replied, closing the book in her hands and placing it back on the shelf. "I have friends here that I was staying with until the time comes for me to continue on my way."

"It's good to see you, Avi." Elijah spoke finally, his eyes meeting hers again.

Aviana smiled, her cheeks flushing a soft pink at his nickname for her. She hadn't heard it in over one thousand years.

"It's good to see you too, Elijah."

"Okay, will someone tell me what's going on?" Hayley interrupted. "And who the hell are you? How do you know Elijah and Klaus?"

Aviana's gaze snapped towards the young hybrid. "Who the hell am I?"

"Yeah, I believe that was the question I asked." Hayley sassed, not knowing who the woman before her really was.

"I'm quite surprised I wasn't mentioned, especially since it seems you and the Mikaelsons are close enough to be running around together."

"If you were important enough, I'm sure they would have mentioned you." She laughed, causing Aviana's brows to knit in annoyance. "But, clearly you weren't-"

"Hayley." Elijah cut her off with a stern glare. "Enough."

Hayley looked up at him with a guilty look on her face and it was then that Aviana realized the hybrid girl cared for him.

"Hayley, now is not a good time to anger my brother." Klaus spoke cautiously. "Come with me."

Klaus slowly led her to the front of the store, Hayley's eyes trained on Elijah and Aviana.

"Klaus, who is that girl and why does Elijah seem to be under a freaking spell?"

"Hayley, that woman in there, was Elijah's first love. She as his first everything."

"What?" Hayley's angered facial expression changed into a mixture of shock and hurt.

"We met her back before we were vampires. She and Elijah fell instantly in love. They spent every waking moment together, and our family swore they were to marry. But then, my father forced my mother to turn us into vampires, and Elijah had new things to worry about. However, his love for Aviana never faded, but he kept her at an arms length until he figured out how to control the bloodlust. When Mikael chased after us, Aviana came with because Elijah refused to let her go. When I discovered the key to creating a sire line, my brother wasted no time deciding on telling her of his discovery. Within days after, Aviana became the first person he ever turned. He hoped to be with her always and forever, but that never happened."