The Runaway p2

TAEGI

Yoongi pov
"Daddy, I love you" Taehyung whispered, his flawless face hovering inches above mine. I smiled up at the boy, his small butt sitting comfortably on my crotch and his eyes still droopy from sleep. "I love you too baby boy." I whispered back, as if it was our own little secret. Even though me and Taehyung say 'I love you' almost everyday, he still manages to blush everytime. Taehyung closed his eyes and slowly leaned down, his warm breath ghosting over my lips. I closed my eyes and waited for those warm lips to connect with mine, but was confused when the warmth never came.

My eyes flung open, a groan escaping my lips as pain radiated throughout my head. I was lying on the floor, in my hallway. Taehyung's sobs groggily replaying in my mind. I slowly sat up, my bones cracking and popping from being in the same position for so long. My eyes widened when I noticed a small puddle of blood on the floor, where my face was. What happened and how long have I been unconscious? "Tae-Taehyung." I mumbled as I used the wall to help myself stand. My head was spinning and memories from earlier were rushing through my mind. I finally found my balance and managed to inspect my surroundings.

My front door was slightly open, and small droplets of blood were scattered across my floor. Probably from the dude that I punched, hopefully it's not from Taehyung. I couldn't wrap my mind around what just happened. One minute I was helping a lost hybrid, then the next minute he was being kidnapped. Who were those guys anyway and why did they break into my house? My head started hurting from all the thoughts rushing through it at once. Or it was from being punched in the jaw. What should I do? I just stood there against my wall staring at the slightly ajar door. My heart was telling me to go after Taehyung, but my brain was telling me to close the door and forget this ever happened. I've only known Taehyung for a few hours, I'm not risking my life for him. But he's so adorable and I really liked him. He's obviously in trouble, I don't even know where they took him. I frowned as my heart slowly took over my brain, I have to help him.

"Jimin if someone found a hybrid and wanted to make money where would they take it?" I asked through the phone as I slipped my shoes on and threw on my jacket. I heard a groan come from the phone, "Yoongi hyung it's 4 am." I rolled my eyes at Jimin's stupid response and lack of answering my question. "I know it is, now answer my fucking question." I demanded as I searched the nightstand for my pocket knife. "Hyung whats wrong?" Jimin asked, his voice suddenly less sleepy sounding. I smiled when I finally found the small knife then shoved it into my pocket. "Nothing I'm fine, but I'm just curious about the hybrid thing." I said hurriedly as I left the safety of my apartment and started walking down the hall. Jimin groaned once again, "Umm, there are illegal hybrid slave houses, where they torture hybrids then sell them to the highest bidder." Jimin sounded disgusted, he obviously hates those places. "Do you know where any of those places are?" I asked hesitantly, I hope he doesn't think I want to buy an abused hybrid. "Hyung why do you wanna know?" Jimin asked, all signs of sleep gone from his voice. I froze when I reached the exit of my apartment complex, "because I'm going on a rescue mission and I think that's where they took him." I confessed. The phone was silent, he probably thinks I'm crazy. "There's one downtown, it's in the alley on 5th Street." Jimin said, his voice sounded defeated. I thanked Jimin then immediately hung up the phone and made my way towards that disgusting place.

Never go downtown at night. I was terrified as I made my way down the nearly abandoned streets. The small green street sign labeled 5th Street approaching slowly. Just a few more feet. I froze when I saw a very familiar boy stumble out of the 5th Street alleyway. The boy had messy hair with scruffy ears and a thin feminine frame, which was only being covered by what looked like a blanket. "Taehyung!" I yelled then instantly started running towards the disoriented hybrid. Taehyung's ears perked up and hesitantly he turned towards me, his body illuminated by the yellow light of the street lamps made him look even more vulnerable. I stopped abruptly when two huge men dressed in black stormed out of the alleyway and grabbed Taehyung. No they're going to hurt him. "Let him go!" I shouted angrily then charged at the two men who seemed oblivious. Taehyung was screaming and thrashing around in the men's grip but it didn't work, he was like a chihuahua compared to those huge pitbulls. I froze in front of the alleyway, I was to slow. The men had carried Taehyung into a building, which had a big metal door as the only apparent opening or exit. I was breathing heavily as I approached the intimidating door, it didn't appear to have a lock. Just a big metal handle. My hand was shaking as I gripped the handle, while my other hand clutched my pocket knife.