42. I Bet You Won't Fly pt. 7

TRIGGER WARNING

•••

The next morning, Harry wakes up and sees that he has a voicemail from Gemma.

He practically squeals with delight. He misses his sister dearly, so to hear from her would absolutely make his day.

That is, until he heard the contents of the message.

All the while laughing so hard she's snorting, Gemma says, "Oh my god, baby bro. You are the funniest thing when you're drunk. Or, I think you said you were high. Something about 'hitting the fattest blunt of all the blunt-iest blunts in the whole city' was it? I didn't even know you knew what a blunt was, or how to hit one. Also, the first message was funny, I'll give you that, because you and Louis sounded like a mixture of the dwarf that's really sleepy, and the one that always sneezes. The second one, however, is something I'll need to confess to the pastor to get over. Next time you accidentally call me while you and Louis are, oh my god I can't believe I'm saying this, fucking, at least have some decency and don't say 'holy fuck we're fucking while high' a million times. Also, Mum overheard the first voicemail. You owe me a bag of those amazing New York bagels, or else I'm showing her the second one. Good luck, and happy vacationing, little bro! Also, bring me home an eighth gram or I'll steal all of your weed. Kisses!"

Harry regrets having his phone on speaker throughout the duration of the worst voicemail he's ever had to listen to. Louis looked positively mortified the entire time, and Harry can't help but feel the exact same way.

The pair stare at each other for around a minute, both wondering whose face looks the most terrified, before Louis bursts out into a fit of laughter.

"Louis!" Harry hisses. "This isn't funny!"

Louis' too busy losing air over how hard he's laughing to respond. "Holy fuck," he mumbles. "Your sister... I should date her instead."

Harry gapes at that. "What?! What do you see in her that I don't have? We're practically twins!"

"She's-" Louis gasps. "Actually funny."

Harry scowls and throws a pillow at Louis, the older boy grabbing it and using it to muffle his cackles.

"I hate you," Harry states.

"No y-you don't," Louis responds, his laughter dying down a bit.

"I really, really do."

Louis finally, finally finishes laughing, wiping the last few tears off of his cheeks and crawling towards Harry.

He tries to hug his boy, but Harry just pouts even more and pushes Louis away.

"Harry, please," Louis says, partly serious and partly sarcastic.

"No."

"Harry."

"Go catch a flight to see Gemma."

Louis chuckles. "Baby, you know I only have eyes for you. I love you. Plus, she has a vagina, so."

Harry shakes his head but lets Louis hug him. He tries not to cuddle into him. He does, really.

"I still hate you," he mumbles into Louis' collarbones as he nuzzles his face into the boy.

"Sure you do, kitten."

After a few moments of silence, Harry speaks again.

"What am I going to do?" He states flatly, his question more of a comment.

"Give the woman what she wants. Bagels and weed," Louis states easily.

"Louis, I don't have any weed. My weed is your weed."