26. I Bet You Won't Dance

(Continued from previous chapter)

•••

"I need to tell you something."

Louis leans closer to Harry, wrapping his arms around him. "Okay," he whispers into his hair.

"I-I... I just missed you, today. T-that's all," Harry lies, suddenly backing out.

"Oh. I missed you too, Kitten," Louis says, smiling into his head.

Harry giggles at the pet name. He's always loved those. Baby, love, darling, kitten, babe, sweetheart, honey, sunshine - any of them, he loves.

Especially baby boy.

But Louis doesn't need to know that.

Yet.

They've been in bed for hours, just relaxing and enjoying each other. It's almost ten at night, and they haven't eaten much today, besides the candy and crisps that they ate on the plane.

"H-hey Lou," Harry whispers into the crook of his neck.

"Yes, baby?" Louis replies and Harry almost curses under his breath. The name.

"I have something for you."

Harry gets up, making an unhappy moan spill from Louis' lips at the loss of contact. He goes to his bag and grabs one of his presents that he had for Louis. He wanted Louis to have a five day birthday, giving him one present starting five days before his birthday. It's December 21, and Louis' birthday is in three days. Somehow, even though he didn't give him a present for one or two days, he still has three presents left.

He reaches in the bag and pulls out a large, but flat, box, perfectly wrapped.

"I wrapped it m'self," Harry says cheekily, a bit too proud of himself.

"Good job, kitten," Louis praises. The praise sends a shooting bolt of energy through Harry.

Harry goes and sits on the bed criss-cross, facing Louis. "Even has a little bow on it," he smiles.

"It's great, Haz. Looks amazing," Louis smiles, his eyes crinkling at the corners. Harry's heart beats faster, and he feels like he would not appreciate himself as much if it weren't for Louis' praises. Weird.

Harry hands it to Louis. "Happy day three of your five day birthday. I'm sorry I didn't give it to you when I was supposed to, but I hope you still like it," Harry says, giggling.

"I know I'll love it. What is it?" Louis asks.

"Well, you have to open it up, Lou!" Harry giggles.

It's the weirdest thing - sometimes, Harry can be a small (not) little boy who giggles and blushes at anything. And other times, he can be a dirty little minx who is a complete asshole and knows everything there is to know about... everything. Like today, for example, he was the complete opposite of what he is right now. He was loud and rude and didn't take shit from anyone. And now, he's a little boy who loves pink and strawberry milk.