9. I Bet You Won't Fly Pt. 2

As they were boarding the plane, Louis soon discovered a flaw in this almost-perfect system. One of his hands was managing to roll along two suitcases, and the other one was connected to Harry's. This left one problem. He had no hand to wipe his tears.

Louis realized this as they were walking through that little hallway-type area that connects the plane and the airport. So there he was, stumbling around and sobbing and sniffling with wet streams of tears falling down his face and onto the floor. The plane attendant looked at him oddly, but soon relaxed as she saw Harry's maddening glare.

They walked together and boarded the plane, putting their bags above them (seeing as they did not check them in- they had all of their bags with them on the plane). The flight attendant allowed them to keep their backpacks/carry-ons with them, seeing as Harry could need his inhaler at any second and Louis could need his meds.

They sat down in their seats, and they were surprisingly comfortable. They were not in economy, but they were not in first class. They were two steps above economy and one behind first class, and Harry couldn't exactly wrap his head around it. He was only paying attention to the shaking boy sitting beside him.

There were three seats per row, but the isle seat wasn't occupied by anyone, so they had much more room. Harry had happily taken the window seat, one, so that Louis couldn't look outside and two, because he loves feeling like he's flying.

"Hey, Lou, do you want me to shut the window when we take off? So that you can't see outside?" Harry asked. They had finally released each others hands, as they had to maneuver themselves around the cabin.

"N-no," Louis sniffled. "No. Y-you like f-feeling like you c-can fly, I do-don't want you to n-not be a-able to see outs-side," Louis stuttered.

"Louis, when I'm with you, I feel like I'm flying. I don't need a window to prove it to me," Harry smiled.

"So, let me ask again. Do you want me to shut the window?" Harry asked, softly.

Louis was barely able to nod his head, signalling that he did want the window shut. He felt so guilty saying that, but he also didn't want to ruin yet another vacation from passing out.

"Okay. I will," Harry said, looking out of the window and into the sky before sighing ever-so-softly, making sure that Louis didn't hear it, but alas. Louis felt a pang of sadness in his chest as he watched Harry shut the window cover, blocking out any previous sunlight that had splayed in.

Louis wasn't used to being vulnerable. He was always the one to take care of people- to take care of Harry. He was always there when Harry needed him, he was always there to hug him, to cuddle him, to reassure him or anything at all. Now, Harry was always there as well, but Louis always pretended he didn't need comforting, which is why he was so surprised with himself that when the flight attendant announced that they would be taking off soon, Louis cowered into Harry's arms.

Harry wrapped his arms around the boys' head, making sure they were both buckled before pulling him in closer so that Louis' head was on Harry's chest and Harry's arms wrapped around his head, stroking his hair softly.

"Shhh," Harry cooed as the engine of the plane roared to life, along with Louis' fear. "Everything is going to be okay, look, Lou, I'm here. Hey, hey. Look at me," Harry whispered, petting Louis' feathery hair as Louis looked up at him, making full eye contact, blue meeting green.

"Hey, look at me. Look at me while we take off. Okay? It's not a plane, Lou. 'S just you and me. Always. Shh, love, calm down, everything is okay," Harry said as he saw more tears fall down Louis' cheeks. He wiped it away with his hand and moved Louis so that he was laying on Harry's lap. His legs fit perfectly on the unoccupied seat, his head laying on Harry's lap, his eyes melting in perfectly with the younger boy looking down on him.