28. I Bet You Won't Surf

(so i'm reading through my old chapters and like... why does this have 22k reads this book is AWFUL what the hell? i'm not fishing for compliments i just don't understand,,, my writing was so bad oh my god)

also, you guys are fucking incredible for almost 23,000 reads. absolutely insane. thank you so much.

TRIGGER WARNING

•••

Harry's POV

I wake up to the only sight I ever want to see in the morning. It's beautiful, the way the shining blue swirling around mixes in with the pink tones surrounding. There's brown, too, and a hint of orange mixing in. The sun shines prominently, making the rest of the beautiful view glow brightly as well. It's absolutely beautiful, and I am so lucky to be able to just take a few steps over and stare at it.

Oh, and the sunrise is very pretty, too.

But, anyways, back to Louis. He's so beautiful. His bright blue eyes are shut, but I swear I can see them shining through anyways. His feathery hair has layers of caramel streaking through it, blending in with his sun-kissed (and Harry-kissed, if I may add) and he's just the most stunning thing I've ever seen in my life.

And I've never been more confused about my feelings in my entire life. Louis' my best friend, that's obvious. We've been friends for about six years, and we've always had a... special relationship. That's also obvious. We've always hugged and cuddled and done things that, maybe, the usual set of best mates wouldn't do. And now, all of the sudden, I start thinking about what it would be like if Louis and I dated, and I get so jealous when I see him with anyone that's not, well, me. I've said that I like him, and I do, but I also don't at the same time. Does anyone understand me? No? Okay.

Speaking of Louis, he's waking up now. Everyone be quiet! This is the good part.

Oh god, he's so beautiful.

I watch as his dazzling eyes catch in the light and sparkle just that much more, making my heart beat so much faster. This is what he does to me. All he's done is wake up and suddenly I'm in need of my inhaler. It's almost like he's some famous guy in the biggest boyband in the world and I'm just one of his crazed fans writing a fan fiction about him being in love with his band member.

Thankfully, that's not the case.

And if I want to kiss him awake, I can.

(I actually can't because of all this feeling shit we have to get through, but the point is that I could if I wanted to, which I do, but, UGH)

"Good morning, sunshine," he whispers, his raspy morning voice making my heart beat eleven times faster.

"Morning, Lou-bear," I respond. I see his eyes light up with something-happiness? Joy? Who knows. Well, he probably does but that's beside the point.

"It's our second day in California," he mentions. It's also December 23, so it's one day before his birthday. Oh my. I have this thing planned out for him, and I'm really nervous to see if he's going to like it. It's really not much... but he deserves it.

"That it is, Louis," I respond. Was that too formal? Does he think I'm weird for saying that? I've been so worried around him, which is so stupid because he's one of the only people in my life that I shouldn't worry around.