31. I Bet You Won't Kiss Me

A/N:

yeah. i know. i cried while typing the title, too.

(lmao everyone was so disappointed about the daydream kiss that y'all probably aren't even gonna comment when the real kiss happens)

well... enjoy :)

•••

Louis drives as quickly as he can without crashing into every other car he sees. A ride that should have taken them at least twenty minutes took them barely ten. But then again, there were barely any cars on the road because it's ten a.m on Christmas morning.

They arrive at the car rental dealership, and the boys run in. Louis returns the car, getting some money back considering they didn't have to pay for the last few days. They have to wait ten minutes for the airport bus to arrive, considering they had to call the driver and make a special request.

They wait more than impatiently, hand in hand with their suitcases by their sides, for the bus. It comes after what feels like hours and they practically trip over each other trying to get into the bus. Considering they're the only ones on the bus, they sit in the first row and politely tell the driver to 'hurry the fuck up'.

The driver is this younger-than-thirty something woman who blasts Twenty One Pilots and drives way past the speed limit. She has tattoo sleeves running up and down both of her arms. The two boys take this drive as time to relax. They have around a ten-hour flight ahead of them.

They've sung along to "Johnny Boy", "Lane Boy", "Trees", "Polarize", "House of Gold", "Fairly Local", "Tear in my Heart", "The Run and Go", "Car Radio", and "The Judge" by the time they reach the airport. They thank the woman who was driving, Sarah, profusely, and before they get off, Louis asks her where she got her blue hair dye. What? He's considering it.

They have about an hour before their plane takes off, which is actually a fair amount of time considering there are barely any people at the airport. They walk in, putting their suitcases on a cart that they push through the airport.

Harry loves airports. He doesn't love planes, he's fine with them but it's not like he prefers it over anything else, but he loves airports with a passion. They're so fun and enjoyable to be in. Especially when it's a big airport, like this one is. They're at LAX, of all places. He just loves how every single person there has their own story. How the woman that's running with a bag of McDonalds in one hand and a small suitcase in another has a completely different story than the man walking slowly with nothing more than a purple briefcase in his hand.

He and Louis get through security in ten minutes, considering there's about twenty other people in the line with them. They go through and they have forty-five minutes to walk around and eat before they have to be at Gate 18.

"Lou," Harry says, pointing towards a restaurant that's become very... familiar to them.

"No fucking way," he says. "We have to go here." Harry nods, and the boys walk into the Food Network restaurant.

"Hi, table for two, please?" Harry says to the woman who greeted them. She nods and smiles, telling them to follow her.

She leads them to the back of the small restaurant. She sits them down at a small table, handing them their menus. The boys thank her, not even having to look at the menu because they already know what they're going to order.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this, Haz," Louis says, taking Harry's hand and holding it across the table.

"Me too. I'm actually really excited to do this," Harry responds, gripping Louis' hand harder.