19. I Bet You Won't Talk

The thing is, they didn't talk about it. They didn't. They almost kissed, right then and there, at Olive Garden. And they didn't talk about it.

It happened like this:

He leaned in, their lips almost touching, and whispered, "I think you've already lost the bet."

Harry shivered, feeling cold, even though the room they were in was almost eighty degrees. He didn't know what the fuck was going on. But he sure as hell was not about to stop it.

Harry was looking Louis directly in the eyes, never stopping the contact. It never stopped as Harry slowly put his arms around his shoulders. It never stopped as Louis put his hands on his waist. It never stopped as both boys leaned in ever so slightly, even though they were already less than an inch apart. It never even stopped as Louis stood up on his tippy toes, watching the light in his emerald green eyes sparkle as he tilted the smaller boy's chin up. But it did stop when they heard dozens of plates fall and break in the kitchen.

They immediately pulled apart, quicker than the speed of light, and coughed awkwardly. They just kind of stood there, two-and-a-half feet apart, completely out of breath for no reason other than the fact that they almost fucking kissed.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Ed was screaming at the staff.

"ARE YOU ALL FUCKING MAD? DID YOU SEE THEM? DID YOU SEE THEM? THEY ALMOST FUCKING KISSED, AND THEY GOD DAMN WOULD HAVE IF JIMMY HERE DIDN'T DROP THOSE FUCKING DISHES!" he screamed.

"I'm sorry, Ed! I just saw them going in for the kiss and it made me drop the dishes! I just... I j-just love them s-so much- and I just want them to be together so damn bad..." Jimmy said, tears falling down his face.

Ed sighed. He walked over to Jimmy and put his arm around him.

"It's okay, Jimmy. They'll be okay. I promise you, if they almost kissed now, they'll definitely kiss again. They'll get together, date for a while, and then they'll get engaged and get larried. Okay?" he comforted, rubbing his hand up and down Jimmy's back.

"No!" Jimmy protested. "I want them to g-get toge-ether now. I want the-them to kiss."

"I know," Ed sighed. "Me too."

•••

It was pretty awkward the rest of the night. They quickly cleaned up and grabbed their things, and Harry rushed over to Ed, thanking him multiple times. Ed decided not to talk about the almost-kiss at that moment, he would bring that up another time. Jimmy just sat in the kitchen, in the middle of the broken plates, sobbing and sobbing.

They walked out of the restaurant and Louis looked around. His heart stopped, and his breathing haltered.

"H- Hazza..." he started.

"Hm?" he hummed.

"Whe-where is our car?" Louis started.

"Didn't I tell you not to worry about it?"

"Y- yeah... but-"

"No buts."

Louis scoffed teasingly. Their car was driven back to the hotel by a bellboy who was super-extra-paid, and a limo would be coming to pick them up. They were about an hour away from the hotel, and both boys were too drunk to drive, even though they were only a bit tipsy.

"So... how are we getting back?" Louis asked.

Right as he asked that, a slick, black limousine drove up in front of the boys. The chauffeur jumped out and opened up the door for them.