18. I Bet You Won't Present

After the spa, the boys went out for dinner. They drove around for what felt like ages until they finally reached a place that they both agreed on, which is none other than the very same Olive Garden that Harry agreed to go to with that woman on the phone. He just... forgot to mention that he wouldn't be in the same state. But maybe Harry and Louis would go when they get to California.

Louis pulled into the parking lot, because he insisted that he would drive, and parked the expensive sports car.

They got out of the car and walked inside, where a surprising aroma of... grease(?) overwhelmed them. Harry walked up to the counter and spoke to the man standing there.

"Hi. I have a reservation for two for Harry. Styles, if that helps. I have the... special order?" he said.

"Ah, here you are. Right this way," the man said, winking at Harry.

"Hazza," Louis whispered. "What was that about?"

"You'll see."

"Another surprise? God damn, this is too much."

"But wait..." Louis started. "Weren't you almost going to go to Chipotle when we were fighting in the car?"

"No. I had these reservations planned since this morning."

"You... sneaky little bastard."

"You love me."

"I love you."

"Your table," the waiter said, motioning to a small booth in the corner of the restaurant, away from the commotion of the rest of the people.

"Thank you," Harry commented.

"How did you manage to get us the only table in this room? There is literally one table in this entire room, and it's ours. How did you do this?" Louis asked, beginning to sit down.

Harry rushed over and pulled out Louis' chair for him, to which Louis thanked him with one brow raised.

"I have my ways."

"How many dates did you agree to go on?"

"Only seven."

The setup of the room was a bit weird. There was this one room in the restaurant that was obviously not meant to be eaten in, and through a large open door could the rest of it be seen. If anyone in the restaurant looked through the door, they could easily see Harry and Louis, but the boys could not hear them. It was bliss.

A waiter came over to them, once they were seated and comfortable, and asked them for their drink orders. Before Louis could answer, Harry rushed in.

"We'll take the best champagne you've got."

Okay, Louis was officially confused.

And a bit worried.

And a lot happy.

"What is this all about?" Louis questioned.

"I dunno. I mean, this vacation has been kind of terrible so far. And not the part about being with you, just the whole, you know, cutting and airplane and fake airplane and you being dead and the bathtub and the vomit and just the entire thing has been, like, not fun. And I just wanted to make you feel special and happy and yeah. I just, you're, like, I don't know. I just want you to be happy. And I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy."

Louis is stunned. Absolutely stunned. A lot awed, a bit wooed, and a tiny little bit fluttery. Well, not a tiny bit. A lot a bit. Like there are thousands of Monarch butterflies storming around in his stomach. In a volcano. Which is also in his stomach.