t h i r t y - t h r e e

Warning: character death, mentions of blood, general cringe and dark themes.

***

Phil
If he hadn't have just heard his voice, Phil wouldn't have known who he was stood in front of; he was in a black hoodie that concealed the majority of his defining features.

"What are you doing here?" Phil asked, standing up to face him.

"I could say the same to you. Bit stupid of you to go out if you knew today's date, isn't it. But I'm not going to complain, it makes things easier for us."

"Us?" he questioned. "You're in on this?"

'You will be a victim of betrayal by one of your closest friends. Be careful of who you trust, for not everyone are as they seem.
A friend and a foe will join forces, what they're seeking is some form of destruction, their goal is total obliteration due to an ongoing grudge.'

That was what Dodie had predicted at their first meeting, thus far the prophecy rang true.

Phil heard a voice behind him. "Yeah, he is."

He turned around to see three figures walking closer to him and another a few steps behind. He was surrounded and outnumbered.

"PJ, I thought we were friends."

"I never wanted you to get involved with this and I didn't want this to have to happen." he began to explain. "I told you to stay away from Dan, you ignored my warning and now all I tried to keep from you is happening. Whether or not I like you, I don't break the promises I make; and I gave Alfie my word."

Only out of fear he thought to himself, not caring as to whether PJ heard him or not.

"If this is about Dan then why am I here?"

Partly because you know too much about us, but there'll be other reasons, there always are Shane mouthed to him from behind the other four.

You know any of the others? he asked back, to which Shane shook his head.

"What are you two doing?" Cat asked, looking at Phil and then behind her to Shane.

"Nothing." Shane mumbled back, Phil decided to stay quiet.

"If I was any good at lip-reading." Cat threatened, not bothering to finish her sentence.

"PJ, you mind helping us out here?" came another voice.

"Erm, sure." he responded a little too apprehensively. It was a small reassurance that PJ wasn't particularly excited to be there.

PJ hesitated for a few seconds before saying anything, much to the annoyance of the other three.

"Shane told him everything weeks ago." PJ said, rushing his words like he didn't want them to audible.

The other three turned to face him.

"Should've known you'd tell someone eventually."

"You're such a liability."

Phil averted his eyes as soon as he saw Marcus raise his right hand; he tried to block out the sounds of gunshot, a scream and Shane's body hitting the ground. He covered his mouth with his hand, not knowing what to say or what to do - all he could do was stare, his eyes wide with fear.