t w e n t y - f o u r

Dodie
Dodie Clark considered herself to be a wallflower. She was known of by many - as the kooky girl with odd methods of gazing into the future who was always miles away from reality, stuck in a constant daydream - but she was truly known by very few. It had its perks of course - no one would suspect the vast amount of knowledge she had of the majority of people at the academy; if anyone payed any attention to her, they'd see her as a definite threat.

From one touch of a hand she could see a man's future arrayed in front of her eyes - she'd know their spouse, the names of their children, even the date of their death down to the very second. Thanks to Mr Peters, she was beginning to learn how to use her power without physical contact being necessary; however stuck in his ways the old man was - there was no doubting his intelligence, he seemed to know everything about anyone's ability.

One person who particularly sparked her interests was Dan Howell - like everyone else, she'd heard all the rumours about his past and she was curious to know if his future looked just as bleak. A little searching wouldn't hurt, would it?

10th May, 12:24 PM -
2 weeks from present day
"Hey - it worked - and you doubted me. 'Oh that's ridiculous, Phil; stop talking about it, Phil; I don't care anymore, Phil,"

One person appeared to be mocking the other, it was obvious due to the obnoxiously exaggerated impression of a southern accent. Dodie was surprised at that - she wasn't aware that Dan was friendly with many people. She couldn't detect much - the vision wouldn't focus properly, the image blurred in places.

"Who knew that you being annoying would actually get us somewhere?"

"Told you I'm a genius."

The two people seemed to be somewhat happy at least.

Dodie was now somewhat curious in regards to just how far she go into his future without any physical connection or proper aura - it wasn't strong at all right now. She tried a little over a month after that.

22nd June, 01:38 AM -
7 weeks from present day
"If you lay even a finger on him again, I swear on my own life that you won't be living come dawn,"

"I could do whatever the hell I wanted to that boy - and you wouldn't do anything to stop me. You're not the same as you used to be, Dan, nothing but a shell of your previous self - is 'broken' a suitable word to use? Or is that too cliché? All bark, no bite - only intimidating facial expressions and empty threats with you. It's quite funny to watch you relentlessly battle with yourself; just accept you've become weak - maybe you've been weak all along. What's wrong, Howell? Can't handle the truth?"

"Don't listen to him, Dan,"

Who was he talking to? She could identify Dan's voice; it was his future, plus his voice was pretty distinguishable in crowds, but she had trouble figuring out who exactly the other people were; the vision wasn't focusing as well as it should - the aura was a lot weaker after all. Dodie persuaded herself not to think about what she'd just seen and heard, it wasn't any of her business in the first place. It was probably best not to look forward anymore - she was surprised she could get even that far.

It was then she decided to go and find Phil - Dan still intimidated her too much, regardless of the voice saying he'd changed - she could ask him about the first vision.

She found him in one of the courtyards, with Dan by his side, who seemed to be scowling at anyone who even glanced at him.

"Phil - can I ask you a few questions, it won't take long." she asked, then becoming worried she sounded far more serious than she intended to be. It was probably a change from the last time he'd seen her - she felt far less dazed and more level headed at this particular moment in time than she did during their first meeting.

"Yeah, of course." he responded, looking at her somewhat confused. "I'll come back later, Dan."

He mumbled back a response, it was too quiet for her to hear.

"It's nothing serious, is it?" he questioned.

"No, it's just something to feed my curiosity."

That was only half a lie she supposed.

"Ask away I guess,"

"Do you and Dan have an interlinked power, it's called an im-something-or-other; I forget."

"Implexis," Phil corrected her. "And to answer your question, we think so - we just don't know what it is."

"What if I told you I might have a rough idea?"

"I'd want you to tell me?" he responded, almost unsure.

"I'm not going to tell you - you have to find it out for yourself, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. But I'll try and help, if you keep on annoying Dan about it, something may or may not happen."

"But I don't want to make him mad - you said our relationship's going to take a turn for the worst at some point and I don't want to mess everything up so he goes back to the way he was before."

"Just trust me on this one, okay?"

"I'll keep your advice in mind - thank you, I better be going before Dan decides to start a flood in the courtyard like he did a few days ago."

Dodie thought back to the day that had happened - she had no clue what it was that had provoked Dan, but she was awfully thankful Phil could reverse pretty much anything Dan decided to create. The pair of them truly do go hand in hand.

"Okay, I hope you and Dan figure everything out."

As soon as Phil left she proceeded to walk back to her dorm room and take out phone out from a compartment in her desk - it had no SIM card of course - rules were rules, but like everyone else she could start as many chats via IM as she wished.

NEW CHAT WITH DODIE, ROBERT AND 2 OTHERS

Dodie: you guys remember when we told Phil we'd help him if there was ever anything up with him and Dan?

Robert: I thought that was just a friendly gesture ....

Evan: ^^ what's happened??

Dodie: I may have looked into Dan's future without his permission and saw something I shouldn't have

Dodie: there was no physical contact so the aura was really weak meaning what I saw could be inaccurate, but honestly I don't know

Robert: tbh, you should've seen this coming - it's practically cliché

Evan: as in danger orrrrrr

Dodie: I think so

Connie: try not to overthink things - you may have gotten parts of it wrong, this could all be a misinterpretation

Evan: we should probably keep a look out for anything odd, just in case - a promise is a promise.

Robert: I promised nothing :/

Connie: robert...

Dodie: oh for goodness sake

Evan: :|

Robert: fine, but I'm not getting up and personal with Dan Howell - I don't have a death wish like you three apparently do

Dodie: you know, sometimes you have to things you don't want to do for the good of others.

Robert: that's officially the cheesiest thing you've ever said.