n i n e t e e n

Phil

NEW CHAT WITH DAN

Phil: Dan I think I've found something

Phil awaited to hear the shuffling in the room next to him signifying Dan had received his message.

Dan: Phil, I'm literally next door why are you messaging me?

Phil: I told you, it's because I've found something.

Dan: Something? That's not very specific.

Phil: it's about us.

Dan: us? I'm outside your door, let me in.

"You need to come and see this," Phil exclaimed as he pushed Dan through the door and near to the table with the two books laid out across it.

"Books? You've started reading them already? I thought I was going to have at least a week before you'd bug me about this."

"Well you're out of luck. Look at this here."

He pointed to the section he'd just read.

"You don't think that - no way, it's impossible."

"It's possible, it just seems to have the odds of one in a million."

"It explains a lot coming to think of it." Dan stated as he began to pace around the room. "Now I know why I hate you slightly less than other people here,"

"So you admit you like me?"

"Barely tolerable, I've told you this," Dan stated as he continued to walk in circles. "Fine! You're remotely tolerable but that's as far as I'm going."

"Much better." Phil laughed sarcastically.

"In all seriousness, do you really think that chapter applies to us?" Dan asked, looking slightly concerned.

"I think it's highly likely, you've said yourself it gives an explanation for what's been happen with us recently."

"What are we going to do about it? When will we know when the power works, or how it works?"

"All that we can do. If you're right about this entire thing then the only thing we can do is wait. I'm pretty sure we can't just fake a circumstance in which one of us saves the other, the power gods who control our abilities would know it wasn't real."

"The power gods? Really Phil?"

"Well I don't see you coming up with any explanation for how it works!" Phil argued, to which Dan rolled his eyes.

The next question Phil was about to ask was if he should tell anyone about it, or whether to wait to see if it really was going to happen. Dan had told him that it was far too risky, they'd have to explain what had happened to them in the first place, which including them both admitting to breaking the three big rules - they'd be in isolation for sure.

"Is there anyone in this place who'd be able to tell us if we'll actually get the power? Aside teachers obviously."

"You could try asking Tyler." Dan suggested.