t h i r t y - t w o

(The shortest chapter I've ever written I'm really sorry but the next chapters gonna be pretty long I think)

Phil
The twenty-first of June. One more day.

The paranoia was beginning to take its toll on him. Phil would find himself flinching at every person who brushed against his arm in the corridors, he'd turn around once every minute to make sure he wasn't being followed.

"Why are you so on-edge today?" Dan questioned for the second time that hour.

"I'm not." Phil's response remained the same as the last time Dan had asked him.

Liar, liar, liar. The word rang through his head over and over, it was driving him insane; his guilty conscience was definitely getting the better of him.

"You can tell me if something's wrong."

But I really can't he thought to himself.

"I know. Don't worry yourself, I'm fine."

He was so very far from fine - quite the opposite if he was going to be honest. He was scared, he was mad at himself for feeling so guilty without a real reason; he hated all the anxieties he felt and the thoughts that put a damper on his usually-cheerful mood.

Phil wanted it all to stop, he wanted to turn the clocks back to a simpler time when the height of his issues were whether Dan hated him or not. He'd do anything to be in the place he was a few months ago.

He'd constantly look at the time in an attempt to make it speed up. Six o'clock, quarter past, twenty-five to seven. It wasn't working, time seemed to be slowing down. 'Time flies when you're having fun' - as it turned out; when you were having no fun at all, time did quite the opposite of flying by.

Hours had passed and he was still worrying, it had gotten to curfew and he was as restless as ever.

Phil felt conflicted as to whether or not it was a wise idea to go on one of his late night walks, the last one was a mixture of positive and negative outcomes. After consideration he decided to go - whether he was inside or outside he knew he wouldn't be sleeping.

The last time he came out after hours Dan was there, this time around Dans door was closed and there was no light coming from his room - sound asleep he presumed. Phil was alone, he hoped.

It was a cool night, the summer month meant it wasn't quite pitch black outside and there was cool breeze that hit against his skin.

He sat down on the grass and closed his eyes, focusing on his breathing. The silence was comforting, he was finally able to clear his head, to rationalise all he was thinking.

What are the odds of anything bad actually happening? he thought. Dodie's predictions were a little off the first time, it could be the same in this circumstance.

Phil grabbed his iPod from his pocket and checked the time. '12:08' it read. It was officially the twenty-second, or 'doomsday' as he'd began to call it. He tried to be positive about the situation, telling himself he had to survive less than a day now.

He couldn't help but feel like he was being watched. No one knows where you are right now, you checked dozens of times that you weren't being followed. But he wouldn't listen to himself.

Phil doubted anyone would be out right now. All the same he looked around and listened out for any noise.

There was nothing.

Told you so. Idiot.

"For the last time, there's no one here." he muttered to himself, closing his eyes once more.

Phil jumped when he heard a voice that wasn't his own.

"You'd know just how wrong you were in saying that if you opened your eyes."

Phil looked up to be greeted with a pair of bright green eyes staring back at him.

"PJ?"

A/N: oh how predictable