t e n

Dan
The familiar ringing of an alarm clock was the first thing Dan was greeted by that morning. There were days in which he'd happily press the snooze button several times, but he knew he shouldn't - without his alarm he doubted he would've been awake to attended half his classes.

Eventually, after fifteen minutes or so of just lying there staring at the ceiling, he got up. Mornings weren't his thing and he'd stay in bed for long as it was possible.

Much to Dan's dismay, his hobbit hair had returned. The frizzy mess would have to be straightened and he began to regret not getting up sooner.

Straight brown hair soon began to reappear, making him look more like himself and significantly less like Bilbo Baggins.

Breakfast had been missed because of his hair, he'd most likely receive a detention as well. It was already shaping up to be an awful week - it was only Monday.

He wasn't a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, but this day was often particularly tedious. There was something about Monday's that made him want to crawl back into bed and not get up again until Friday night.

The fact he had a group project to look forward to first period didn't help the matter.

His class was at the opposite side of the school, a good five minutes if he was walking at a fast pace. It was times like this he'd wish he was born with teleportation powers so he could click his fingers and he'd be there. They had it easy. Why couldn't he have a helpful gift like that? Though really Dan should just learn to be content with what he got stuck with and to stop being such a pessimist.

He envied the individuals like Phil who were positive about everyone and everything. No matter how rude Dan was to him he refused to hold a grudge. People had even warned Phil about Dan, he'd listened into the conversation that him and PJ had had from outside of the door.

The first ten minutes of the class was spent worrying about the project, the people in it more specifically; he worried about these types of things more than he'd like to admit. Not that he'd let it show, he'd been using the same blasé expression for so long that he'd probably look the same whilst sleeping. The teacher announced she was leaving the room for ten minutes or so, and Dan knew that meant trouble.

"Dan are you coming?" Phil nudged his arm, an odd sensation going up it as he did. Like he had a choice in the matter. He followed Phil to the other back corner of the room to a big group of people, six others aside him and Phil.

A silence came across the group as he sat down, all previous conversations were cut in his presence. There was a part of him that enjoyed the control he had over everyone. It showed all the time and effort gone into changing himself wasn't wasted.

He knew it was sort sick to find humour in other people's fear, not because he was a total sadist, but because it was totally unnecessary. It gave him a twisted sort of power, as if was of some high authority because no one wanted to displease him. If you have total control, you do everything you can not to lose it, that was what Dan found. Whether said power was justified or not. Dan almost found it funny that people felt the need to drop everything when he was within a one metre radius of them. It was all an act, really. He didn't seriously hurt people (he set fire to someone's hair once but he put it out immediately, and they started it), but everyone felt he would if they even looked at him.

One judgemental pair of green eyes looked over at him, if Liguori knew what was best for him, he wouldn't even think about looking into Dan's inner monologue for the entirety of the time they were working together. Though admittedly if Dan could do what PJ could he'd be exactly the same. He seemed to have gotten the point and looked away.