Chapter 25

A few weeks had passed. I hadnt spoke to mum since that day I went to the doctor. Since then the doctor comfirmed I had extreme depression. I had carried on cutting but not so bad, the odd deep cuts here and there on my legs and arms. I went back to wearing jumpers and long sleeve tops. I wore a pullover jumper to bed so James didnt have to see although he's used to it. I only went to school when I wanted, people kept talking about me, asking questions. I've learnt to ignore it.

I'm a lot happier, although mum has decided I wasnt allowed back in the house and only Dad would have contact with me and James. Its been a good month since Austin had last been seen. He never does this, just disappear. Ive tried calling, his phones always off. James has tried going to the local 'druggie' areas, but nothing. James has now left school, he decided he wanted to make a living, and start earning properly.  He has two jobs. He still works in the garage with his cousin but 3 nights a week he works at a nightclub, cash in hand after the three nights, he gets so tired. And his mum transfers money for the house.

I've learnt how to cook now, James and me plan our meals out each week, dad drops off 50 pound a week for our food shopping and takes us too,  it normally comes to forty, leaving ten left for tobacco. Dad's supportive, he comes round once a week for dinner, he normally brings takeaway because my cooking isnt up to his standard. I also know he gives James extra money to treat me sometimes, I overheard once which they were talking in the living room.

"Baby, im home" James calls, entering through the front door. I swing my head round the kitchen door.

"You're early"

"Yeah, garage was really quiet, whats for dinner later, fancy going out?"

Perfect time to tell him Lukes out soon. "Yeah sure, where?"

He smirks, "I got the perfect place", he grabs my hips and pulls me in, "all you gotta' do is get ready".

A huge smile covers my face, I nodd and make my way upstairs. 

Luke comes out in a month, his 19th birthday is in 2 months, I think. He wasnt arrested for rape but multiple charges were brought up when arrested that night, I never went to court, I never found out the reasons he went inside. Although 3 years has nearly been served. I havent seen him since that night and I never want to see him again. His mum lives a block down from my mum and dad. Which means he'll be living 4 blocks away from me and James. I wonder if hes changed, got skinnier, taller, less violent.

I jump out the shower and wrap my towel round me. I meet James in the bedroom, he's trying to decide what to wear, multiple clothes placed out on the bed.

"Babe what you gonna wear?" He asks me, looking completely blank in the face and confused.

"My little black dress"

It took a while but he was finally finished, it probably took a lot longer for him to decide what aftershave to wear than it did for me to apply full make up and do my hair. But he's cute though,  and im worried that smile wont be on his face for very long after I tell him about Luke. He always tells me the past is the past, and he'd never get involved if I asked him not to.

We got to the restaurant and was shown to our seats. James smiled across the room, I turned round, Libby was having dinner with her Mum. I waved and turned back to James.

"James, there's something I need to-"

"Hello, are you ready to order?" A small, youngish girl interrupts me. James nodds and orders for us. I look around, scanning the whole room. James turns to me,

"What were you saying?"

"You need to know something... next month Luke gets out, you know, and like ...he lives... well look we're gonna end up bumping into him and-"

"Stop, stop, stop, you're telling me now? How long have you known? You know what that doesnt even matter babe, listen, I don't care where he lives, what he's doing or where he hangs out. I will do whatever it takes to keep you happy and him away from you. I love you, I dont give a fuck about him"

I didnt expect that answer, I didnt expect him to stay calm.

"It wont be easy James, he'll contact me, I know he will"

"One message off him and you tell me, you dont reply you tell me. I'll give him a few words, I wont threaten him, but you just let me know".