"Oh, nothing. Just some friends, that's all." I said, trying to be nonchalant and cool about it, but dropping a hint at the same time.

"Who? Jesse?" He asked, a hint of what I think jealously behind his voice. I decided to tease him about it.

"Why? Are you jealous that I like a ginger more than you?" I harassed, but Vic knew I was just playing.

"More like mad. How can you like a ginger better than me? Brown hair is such a better color!" He went along, to which I just chuckled and shook my head at. "Plus, I'm attractive."

His last comment took me a bit off guard, but I quickly recovered, showing little signs of weakness in this playful argument. "How do you know he's not attractive?"

"Kells, come on. You and I both know gingers are not attractive." He said, giving me this 'you're not fooling me' look.

"I beg to differ." I said, being the little shit I am. He was right, gingers weren't my type.

"Oh, so are you saying that you have a crush on Jesse?" He accused, sly smirk evident on his face.

"God no! Jesse is.. Jesse. Even if he had brown hair, and an attractive complexion, I still wouldn't think he's good looking. Jess, he's like a brother to me. Having a crush is completely out of the question." I explained to him.

"And how do you view me?" He asked, taking me off guard once again.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"You know, like relationship wise. Do you consider me as a brother, friend, best friend, acquaintance.." He trailed off, wanting me to finish the sentence.

I thought about it. What is he? I've already confirmed I saw him has a friend, but as best friend? Not a brother, not yet anyways. "I don't know, honestly. Maybe a good friend, maybe even best friend? We do live together after all."

"Yeah, not by choice though." He said, and I frowned. "Calm down, I'm kidding. I actually like living with you. And if it makes you feel any better, I see you as my best friend." He said, taking me by complete and total shock. I choked on my spit, but I quickly sat up and recovered, not needing any assistance from Vic. He sat up too, and turned to face me once more.

"Jeez, I know I'm cool, but try not to lose your shit whenever I say we're friends. Deal?" He teased, being the egotistical douche that he sometimes. But that's okay, I like him that way.

"Oh, shut up. Don't flatter yourself. I just didn't think you liked me that much is all." I said flat out, being honest. He frowned, looking a little hurt. I can't tell why he would though.

"Why would you think I don't like you that much?" Vic asked.

"I don't know, I'm not a likable person. Many people don't like me, it's just weird to assume people do." I told him, being completely truthful.

"Well that's not true. I like you, and I think you're pretty cool, Quinn." He said, giving me a smirk at the end. Hearing him say that erupted butterflies in my stomach, but I tried to ignore them.

"Let's not call me by my last name." I said, because it was stupid.

"Aw why not, Quinn?" He teased me.

"Because I said so. It's stupid. Plus, if you call me by my last name I'll just start calling you Victor." I said evilly and looked away, facing the ocean. I should be getting back soon, my break is almost over.

He rolled his eyes in fake annoyance and spoke. "Fine, but I'm still calling you Kells, whether you like it or not."

I shook my head and smiled, giving in. "Whatever your little Mexican-self desires."