Chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

"So, you had a bet about it?!", I asked shockingly.

"Yeah and your dad lost! Yupeee!", mom yelled with joy and then sauntered upstairs leaving me completely frozen.

What? Like what really happened?

Dad shook his head slightly, amused at his wife behaviour and then smiled back at me.

"Don't worry, Shelly! As long as you're happy with Max, I'm happy too but don't hesitate to tell me anything, okay?", dad asked and caressed my hair lightly.

"But -

"Oh! Do you want hot chocolate? I'm just gonna make one for me", dad suddenly said before I could even tell him that they are being delusional again! I mean like really!

Oh I better go get some sleep! I'm so tired!

"I'll just go to bed! I'm tired!", I shook my head negatively.

"Okay! Sure, princess", dad agreed and then went into the kitchen.

"Just lock the door before you go upstairs", dad cried from the kitchen.

I turned back around and locked the door.

"Done!", I yelled and I heard him saying goodnight when I passed by the kitchen.

"Goodnight!", I responded and then went upstairs.

When I closed my bedroom door, I just jumped in bed after changing into my pajamas and snuggled deep under my bedsheets.

How am I going to tell my parents that they were just assuming things again? But then if I try to tell them that what they are thinking is completely false, they would want to know the truth and I just wouldn't be able to lie! Yeah right! I know I'm a big sucker at lying!

Ughhhhhh

I groaned when I felt my head pounding again. Shit! That headache!

I wanted to get some painkillers but I was just too lazy to get up again. I was already half asleep, so, why get up? Maybe the headache will be gone by next morning! Hope so!

I just cross my fingers and pray to god!

Why do my head feel like it weighted more than me?

Just when I closed my eyes, I saw Max! Hmmm

Oh god! Shelly! You've got to stop thinking about that jerk!

But he saved me and protected me today!

But he's still a jerk! He's just trying to be a gentleman!

I snorted out loud! Him and gentleman! Bullshit!

Yeah right! See! That's what I'm trying to show you! He's just pretending to be nice! You shouldn't really be mingling with such guys!

What do you mean by such guys? He isn't like 'such guys'!

Don't tell me you're falling for him!!

I smiled!

Yeah I think I'm falling hard for him! And I just hope that he will be there to catch me!!

Oh really!

Yeah!

Oh my god! What's happening to me? Am I talking to myself? I'm feeling really stupid right now! Maybe I am stupid! There's no denying that! I'm going insane! Was this how it feels when you started liking someone? I could feel my heartbeats quickening when I felt all kind of feelings swooning around in my belly. The way he hugged me today, protecting me from Seb and Aiden! Oh gosh! These feelings! It was a mixture of all! Anxiety, happiness, and so on. I just couldn't explain myself right now!

I kinda like this feeling!!

Hmmm yeah!

Soon, I drifted into a peaceful and deep slumber....

•••••••••

Another question for our little game custom : How was your new year eve?

Remember : the one who comments first, gets the next chapter dedicated to him/her....

See you soon ^^