The Bloody Crown

Flashback - 2013 

 Everyone was still reeling over what happened with Marcel.

Freya was in the upstairs living room in the compound, working on a spell.

I walked toward her. "Well, you said you put the prophecy to rest. So, what's the worry?"

"I didn't sleep last night," Freya told me. "I just had this feeling of dread. I don't know if it's my own guilt or maybe, it's my intuition telling me something's wrong."

"And what's this?" I asked. "Your early warning system?"

"This map is spelled to trace Niklaus' enemies," Freya told me. "Let's just hope I'm being paranoid." She sighed, reciting an incantation. "Calaste piso tal tras es tros." The blood on the map dripped to NOLA from all directions. "Calaste piso tal tras es tros."

Freya and I looked at the map worriedly.

"I guess you're not being paranoid," I told her. "When there is, in fact, a hoard of killers there to get you."

  *******

I could hear Klaus, Kol and Elijah in the ballroom.

"Freya's tracking your sirelines now," Kol told them. "So, it won't be long, which works for me. I could use a good fight."

"Well, we do have an advantage," Elijah told them. "No vampire may enter this stronghold as long as the deed remains in Freya's name."

"So what?" Kol asked. "We hide in here while the enemies mass at the front gate?"

"Well, if they are so determined to die at our hands, let them come," Klaus told them.

I sighed, walking out of the upstairs living room.

  *******

There was something wrong.

Hayley and I could hear a hoard of vampires in the courtyard of the compound with Klaus, Elijah and Kol.

And Marcel. "Never thought it would come to this. But, as always, the Mikaelsons made my choice for me."

"Marcel, how?" Klaus asked.

"How are we in your home?" Marcel asked. "I've got friends who can nullify a dead, foreclose on a property like that. Or did you mean... how am I not a rotting corpse?"

"I thought my friend was dead, and yet here you are," Klaus told him. "So, send these fools away, and let's talk. You and me."

"Is that relief I hear?" Marcel asked. "Really? If I hadn't been one step ahead of you, I would be at the bottom of the river."

"Marcel, your anger is with me," Elijah told him. "I'm the one that's responsible for this crime against you."

"One thing I learned sticking around this family, Elijah, is that you take on one of you, you take on all of you," Marcel told him. "These guys, Klaus' sirelings, they're here to bear witness today."

"Are you planning to put on a little show, Marcellus?" Kol asked.

"Damned straight I am," Marcel answered. "The fall of the Mikaelsons. And guess what? The show has already started."