A Streetcar Named Desire

Klaus led Stefan and me into the Mikaelson compound that same night.

We heard Elijah and Freya upstairs.

"You daggered Rebekah?" Freya asked incredulously. "And you're just telling me now?"

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us," Elijah told her. "And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you. No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life."

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"Just one or two."

"Thankfully, not many friends."

Klaus picked the perfect moment to lead Stefan and me into the room where they were talking in the upstairs living room. "Freya, I know that you remember Kaylin. This here is Stefan, an old friend." Elijah hilariously rolled his eyes. Freya looked surprised to see me back here. "Also one of my trickle-down sirelings. Long story."

I turned to my older brother. "Stefan, this is Freya, Klaus and Elijah's brand-new older sister. Also a long story."

Stefan nodded, smiling weakly in acknowledgement.

Klaus turned back to Freya. "Stefan needs a favor."

Freya looked at Stefan suspiciously. "You're an old 'friend,' are you?"

"Well... that kind of depends on your definition," Stefan told them. "See, in this case, I would define it as your brother being hopelessly in love with my sister for the last 90 years, before compelling her to forget and then to remember and a lot of other complicated details."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, giving Stefan a look.

Stefan shrugged.

Freya looked at me. "He's your brother?"

"Yeah," I answered. "So you can relax. He's not a threat to you or the prophecy."

Elijah and Klaus nodded in agreement.

Freya was a little rattled with all the information.

*******

Klaus and Elijah were catching me up to speed in the courtyard while we listened to Freya and Stefan upstairs.

"So, um, just full disclosure," Stefan told her. "I dated your sister once."

"Oh. While that seems like a great story, let's get back to your wound. A mystical vampire huntress stabbed you with her magic sword. You and your sister killed her... But, surprise, surprise..."

"She regenerates."

"And won't rest until you're dead."

"Right. So, no matter how far I run, this wound acts as a beacon, drawing her to me. So, I guess you could say it's been a bit of a rough week."

"Well, I can't cure the wound, but this paste will mask its signal. Just let that dry, and you'll be on your merry way."

"You know, not that I was expecting a, uh, parade or anything, but why is everyone so eager for me to go? Why didn't Kaylin want to ask Klaus for help to begin with?"

I looked at Klaus and Elijah. "All right, catch me up to speed."

"Kaylin, I'm not all sure this is the right time for a visit with our potential death by our exes looming over our heads," Elijah told me.