The Other Girls In New Orleans

I woke up in the trunk of a car, about to break it open when I noticed streams of sunlight streaming in, knowing that I couldn't break it open until the car came to a stop nearby shelter from the sun, groaning internally. 

The car pulled over.

I broke the trunk open, rushing out into the sunlight to look for someplace to go, starting to burn in the sun, groaning in pain. I saw a church, rushing inside to get away from the sunlight, inside into the darkness.

The church was set up like a gym.

Four men were working out.

One was lifting weights at the bench press while another spotted him.

One man was punching a punching bag repeatedly while another was holding it still for him.

The girl that had taken me last night walked in, wearing normal clothes. "Hello, dear. You and I needed to have a little heart-to-heart conversation, but I knew that you wouldn't be able to stand that on an empty stomach. I know how my brother treats his prisoners." I looked at her. "Don't look at me, darling. They're all yours. Consider it my treat. You'll need all the strength you can get." I didn't have to be told twice, rushing over to the man punching the punching bag, transforming, feeding hungrily until he died in my arms. I let him fall. The other men stopped what they were doing in horror. I fed on the one that had been holding the punching bag still until he died, letting him fall. The other two men ran for the door. The girl blocked their way, compelling them. "See, this girl here, gentlemen, is very hungry, and to stomach what this day has in store, she needs it to be full. Stay here. Don't run. Don't scream, and most importantly, do not talk or interrupt us."

I looked at the girl in confusion. "Who the hell are you?"

The girl looked at me in surprise. "Huh. I had assumed you knew who I was." She walked around the men toward me. "No matter. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aurora de Martel. Long-lost love of Niklaus Mikaelson. He and I are having just a little bit of a spat at the moment. See, he took my brother captive. Now, it's come to my attention that you are... quite precious to him." She laughed bitterly. "So, I'm taking you."

"Listen, I don't care who you are," I told her. "But I've had the worst couple of weeks, so if you will so kindly let me go..."

"See, even if I decided to let you go, you can't leave until the sun sets," Aurora told me. I looked toward the windows to the day outside, knowing she was right, sighing. "I'm assuming my brother took your daylight ring."

"Daylight necklace, actually," I corrected.

Aurora smirked. "Well, I'll give you this. You like to shake things up a bit. But you're not going anywhere for quite a while. So... let's have a chat."

I sighed, rolling my eyes, looking away.

    *******     

I finished feeding from the third man, letting his body fall, breathing heavily, blood drenching my lips and chin. I was feeling better and less weak. 

"Are you all better now, Kaylin Salvatore?" Aurora asked.

I turned to face her. "You know who I am?"

Aurora smiled. "I confess. When I first heard your name, I was intrigued. Nik cares for so few people, and my brother thought that you would be enough to lure him to the Strix. So, I went to the Strix headquarters and scoured their resources as to why. And I know exactly who you are, Kaylin. You first met Klaus in the 20's, and it was love at first sight, was it not?"