I Would For You

I was back in Mystic Falls, and I went to the hospital to visit Bonnie and Damon in her hospital room with three coffees. "Oh, good! You're up. How's Bonica-magica?"

Bonnie turned so she was sitting with her legs dangling over the edge of the bed, making a face at me. "Not great, but... good enough to make sure you never call me that again."

I chuckled. "Ooh."

Damon looked at me curiously. "Someone's cheery."

"Well, I'm a girl with a plan," I told them.

"Which is...?" Bonnie asked.

I smiled impishly. "A secret."

"Does it have to do with killing Rayna the Huntress?" Damon asked.

I smirked. "I'll never tell! But, yes."

"Good," Bonnie told me. "How can we help?"

Damon gave Bonnie a look. "You can't. This is the Daylin only show."

"It's Daylin versus Cray-na, because that one gets you right back in Hell," Bonnie told us. "You don't even know how to kill her." Damon scoffed. Bonnie's phone rang, looking at it to see Enzo calling, getting an idea. "But, you know who might?"

Damon frowned. "Don't even think about it."

Bonnie ignored him, looking at me. "Enzo's been calling me non-stop. Probably to apologize for yesterday. I bet if I go back to the Armory, I can find out more info." I was still angry at Enzo for almost getting them both killed, taking the phone from Bonnie, hanging up on Enzo, setting it back down on the table. Bonnie scoffed, giving me a look. "What the hell?"

"Look around, Bonnie," Damon told her. "I'm not here for the filmy hospital pudding. You almost died in that place, and I'll never let that happen again." He gave Bonnie a serious look. "Promise me you will stay out of this, Bon. No one needs to get hurt for me anymore. Kaylin and I can handle Rayna."

Bonnie seemed surprised and confused by this reaction.

Damon stood, taking his coffee from me, walking out, leaving.

I handed Bonnie her coffee, taking a sip of my own, walking out, leaving.

*******

Matt had called to warn me that Rayna had returned and was using him and his friend Penny to find Stefan, along with a vampire that she was torturing.

Damon and I walked into the Grill, staying further back to watch.

Rayna was holding the tip of her sword to the heart of one of Julian's vampires who was tied to a chair.

Matt aimed his stake-gun at the vampire as back-up for Rayna.

Penny watched.

Rayna looked at the vampire. "Here's where we stand. I've killed five of your friends because they couldn't tell me where Stefan Salvatore was. I sure hope you can." She looked at Matt and Penny. "You two, watch and learn. The key is to treat them like you would a wild animal. Respecting the danger, but recognizing that they're beneath you, and that they serve a purpose. For example, this one will provide information." She turned to the vampire. The vampire looked resigned to his fate. "Tell me everything you know about Stefan Salvatore, or I'll send you to Hell for eternity."

Damon walked closer to them. "Barking up the wrong vampire, there, sister. Stefan's antisocial. Not many friends. Actually, no friends at all. But, I hear he has a very handsome brother and a very pretty sister who are both very charming. You might want to talk to them."