I'll See You In Hell Or New Orleans

I woke up in what seemed to be a church's bell tower, chained up with either of my arms to my side, the shackles attached to the walls on either side of me. I struggled to get free, but I felt like I was getting weaker and weaker. I felt something on the back of my neck, looking behind me to where IVs of clear liquid, where the IVs were injected into the back of my neck.

Aya and a man in a nice suit were standing in front of me.

"I have to say, I'm impressed," Aya told me. "Given the vampires that you were facing were three times your age or more, you held your own quite well."

"That's me," I told them. "Never know when to quit."

I struggled to get free. 

"Don't bother," the man told me. "The more you struggle, the more vervain gets pumped into your veins."

"And who the hell are you?" I asked.

The man smiled a small smile. "I'm sorry. I must have forgotten my manners. Kaylin Salvatore, I am one Tristan de Martel, the leader of the Strix."

"Yeah, she said the Strix," I told him. "What the hell does that mean?"

"It's an elite society of vampires," Tristan answered.

I shook my head. "Sorry. Never heard of you."

"I'm not surprised that you haven't," Tristan told me. "This society was exclusively for the vampires of Elijah Mikaelson's sireline. Most of us resemble his... demeanor."

"So you're all boring and have something up your asses?" I asked. "Good to know."

Aya punched me in the face.

I looked up at them, sighing. 

"I'd watch your wise mouth," Aya told me.

"Sorry," I told them, not sorry at all. "Watching what I say is not exactly a habit nor a priority of mine. You mind telling me what the hell I'm doing here? I never could resist a good spoiler."

"We'll get to that," Tristan told me. "In due time. Right now, we have an appointment with Elijah." Vampire guards walked in. Tristan looked at the guards. "Watch her. She's more capable than she seems."

Tristan and Aya walked out, leaving.

The guards looked at me.

I looked at them, shrugging slightly, smiling fakely.

Only if they could tell me what the hell I was doing here. 

Or where I even was.

But if all of this was about Klaus and Elijah, I was guessing that we were in New Orleans.

But until I could get free, I was living in my own personal hell.