Days of Future Past

2016 

I was still tied to my chair in the news station, infected with wolf venom, barely able to stay awake.

Stefan had been vervained by Matt outside, waking up, tied to a chair a few feet away from me.

Damon and Rayna stood in front of us after making their offer about Damon taking the scar from Stefan.

Rayna was pressuring Stefan to take her deal. "Sun's coming up, Stefan. Make your choice."

"It's a pretty big deal, you know?" Damon asked. "Me offering to take this scar from you? But, hey, I've been on the bench for quite a while, and you look pretty tired. So, let me tap in and give you a breather. Hashtag 'you're welcome.'" He frowned in confusion, looking at me. "Are hashtags still a thing? I don't know, it's been three years."

"Say yes," Rayna told him. "You can stop running. You'll get your life back."

Damon sighed. "All it's gonna take is one itty-bitty transfer spell. Any more suspense, I might pass out, brother."

Stefan sighed. "Phone's in my pocket. Valerie can do the spell."

Damon smirked. "Hallelujah, he's seen the light. Now, I'm just gonna loosen these love-knots a little bit, just to get his phone."

Rayna aimed her gun at Damon. "Make sure he behaves."

Damon started to loosen Stefan's restraints. His hands were burning.

"You okay?" Stefan asked.

Damon, Stefan and Kaylin exchanged a knowing look.

Stefan broke through his ropes, pushing Damon into Rayna, making them both fall to the floor.

Rayna accidentally shot her gun, which hit one of the windows, making it shatter.

Stefan took Rayna's sword from the table, rushing toward me to cut him free from my ropes.

I stood, pushing Stefan toward the door. "Go. Go!"

Stefan didn't want to leave us to die, but wanted to lure Rayna away from us, rushing away, leaving.

Rayna shot Damon in the stomach, with werewolf venom, making him fall unconscious, picking up a stake to try and stake him in the heart angrily.

I rushed closer, taking a piece of broken glass, cutting Rayna in the back with it, making her drop her stake, rushing to grab a nearby power cord, wrapping it around her neck, squeezing it tightly.

Rayna gasped for breath, trying to breathe, struggling to speak. "If you kill me, you kill anyone I've marked with my sword. That includes your brother."

"Don't worry about Stefan," I told her. "I'm just giving him a head-start."

I used the cord to put her in a sleeper-hold to knock her out.

Rayna managed to pick up her gun and shoot me with more werewolf venom, causing us both to pass out on the floor nearby Damon's unconscious body.

  *******  

I was starting to wake up on the floor of the news station. I opened my eyes. My vision was extremely blurry due to the werewolf venom. Despite this, I still managed to see that Damon and Rayna had woken up before me, as they had fell unconscious before me, and that Rayna was stitching up the wound I had made on her shoulder blade. "Oh, you stayed to keep us company. How sweet."