Epilogue

***Riley's POV***
Dear diary,
It's been a year since Calum died, things have changed. I still love Calum, I always will and nobody could ever be like him, but I started dating Michael about 7 months ago.

At the time it was just to help ease the pain of Calums death, but as of now? I love him. A hell of a lot. I've never kissed Michael, the last time I kissed someone was when I kissed Calum before he died, I can't bring myself to kiss anyone else.

"Riley!" Ashton called from downstairs. I dropped my pen and paper and walked out of my room and down the stairs.

"Dad! Hi!" I squeaked wrapping my arms around him securely. I never really see dad anymore, he's always working.

"How are you? Are you okay? Did Michael take good care of you?" He worried, making me giggle.

"I'm fine! He took great care of me." I beamed. "Dinner!" Michael announced and we rushed into the kitchen, Michael put three plates of lasagne on the table. Michael sat next to me and Ashton sat on the other side of me.

I ate everything on my plate. I realized after Calum died that there is more harmful things in the world than food, and more coping mechanisms exist besides cutting. I eventually weaned myself off of both.

Everyone at the table smiled at me happily. "I'm so happy that you're happy." Ashton said seriously, wrapping a strong arm around my shoulders. I smiled at him.
***
"Riley can I come in?" Michael asked, standing at the door. I nodded, putting my homework to the side. He sat down on the bed, patting the space next to him beckoning me to sit beside him. I stood up from my uncomfortable wooden chair and sat on my soft bed instead.

"I know that it's been a year today, baby. I know it was this day last year Calum died. I know how much you cared for him. I just want you to know I'm here for you baby, I always am and always will be. I love you." He said, kissing my cheek gently. I smiled back at him. "I love you too." I said quietly, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. He rested his arms on my waist.

When I pulled out of the hug I looked into his eyes, they were such a mesmerizing shade of green. His eyes dropped to my lips and I knew what he wanted, and in that moment I wanted it too. Michael would never do anything to hurt me, he was an absolute sweetheart.

His head inched closer to mine. "I love you. I always have. You can trust me." He said quietly, almost in a whisper. I believed him, I loved him too, and I trusted him. He made me feel safe.

I pressed my lips on his gently. Butterflies immediately erupted in my stomach. His hands traveled to the small of my back. I was sure he could hear my heart pounding. It was almost leaping out of my chest.

Michael's kiss was slow and meaningful, reminding me of the way Calum kissed me. I broke the kiss for a second to tell him I love him too.
***
"So... you and Michael shared a moment earlier..." Ashton said with an eyebrow raised. My eyes widened. "You saw?" I squeaked. He simply nodded, looking at me expectantly for a response.

"Uh yeah, I-I like Michael... a lot... it doesn't mean I don't still love Calum though." I added quickly. He nodded, engulfing me in a hug. "Of course. I'm proud of you for starting to move on, Calum would want that." He said with a smile. I nodded in agreement.

"I'm so proud of you, Riley." He added. I looked at him, puzzled. "For what?" I questioned.

"For overcoming everything." He pulled up my sleeve, tracing the scars that were now almost healed. "I knew you could do it. You haven't cut, you're eating normally, you're entering into a new part of your relationship with Michael, you're no longer suicidal. You are so strong. I'm proud of you baby." He smiled proudly, a happy tear trickled down his face and he wiped it, enveloping me in another hug.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too baby."
------------------
A/N THATS IT OMG

I LOVE YOU

Stay strong, ilysm <3