Chapter 22//Courageous

A/N Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

***Riley's POV***
From my baby boy💞: morning kitten, just wanted you to know me and the other boys love you more than life itself (well maybe I love you a little more lol) and we love to see your beautiful smile so keep it on your face😂 I'll see you later. I just wanted to to wake up to a cute message. Love you xxx

I smiled fondly at my phone, he was such a goofball. A cheeky smile crept onto my face as I typed a response.

To my baby boy💞: aww I love you too daddy xxx

From my baby boy💞: hey! Don't get all kinky on me damnit you're only 17, it's hard being older :(

To my baby boy💞: lmao I'm only 17 for like another few weeks. And stop being so desperate... Daddy xxx

From my baby boy💞: damnit Riley.

I giggled as I left the messenger app on my phone, instead aimlessly scrolling through Twitter. My eyes widened as I saw tweet after tweet about 5sos breaking up, they would've told me. I thought, but instead found a video of Ashton announcing that 5sos were in fact splitting up. A tear left my eye at the sight of Ashton, standing outside the hospital, telling everyone they're splitting up in order to care for me.

I found millions of tweets calling me fat, ugly, a bitch and everything in between. Fans saying it's my fault that 5sos are breaking up, that Calum stooped pretty low when he started dating me. Before I knew it, tears were freely streaming down my face as I read tweet after tweet, comment after comment.

I lay on the bed and needed the metal razor on my wrist, I needed something to cure the numbness in my veins. I doubled over as tears rolled down my face. I couldn't stop crying; even when my head started to ache, even when my body felt numb, even when I heard the door open and someone rush to my side.

"Baby talk to me." Calum insisted pulling me into his chest.

"Y-you guys are splitting up?" I asked through sobs. He looked at me, as if unsure of what to say.

"Where did you see that?" He asked, his voice low. "Twitter, and Instagram, and Facebook, and tumblr..." I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, we are... But your wellbeing means more than a band." He said, rubbing my arm comfortingly.

"Is what they're saying upsetting you?" He asked worriedly. To stop myself from starting to cry again I just nodded, making him pull me into his chest even more. "I'm sorry baby, they're just angry, don't let them get to you." He comforted, wiping any remaining tears on my face away with his thumb. He looked down at me fondly.

"Don't worry baby, if they bother you too much I'll tweet them saying to stop, fans should respect our relationships and who we decide to bring into our lives, and I want you in my life, I want you because you're beautiful, courageous, caring, loving and generally a wonderful person."

"I'm not courageous." I interrupted. "Yes you are, I've never met someone stronger than you, I mean look at you." He insisted.

I shook my head. "Look at me? I'm in hospital after attempting to kill myself, I starve myself, I cry myself to sleep at night. I'm not courageous I'm the opposite."

"No, baby you're courageous because of those things, you get through them and come out on top, you're alive. You got through that so you most definitely are courageous." He kissed my forehead, I was tired of protesting so I just closed my eyes as his lips lingered on my forehead.

"I have news!" He blurted out. I looked up apprehensively. "Yes?" I asked.

"There's a new Christmas present at home for you!" He squealed. "What is it?!" I asked excitedly. "It's a surprise." He dismissed me. I rolled my eyes.

"Please?" I asked, pouting at him. "Don't do that." He said. I raised an eyebrow. "Why?" I asked innocently, biting my lip. He glared at me but his eyes drifted to my bottom lip that was sandwiched between my teeth. I knew I was messing with his head.

"Stop biting your lip baby." He ordered. "Or what?" I asked cheekily. He smashed his lips against mine with enough force to push me back flat on the hospital bed as he stood over me. I chuckled against his lips.

Just as the kiss was getting more heated the door swung open. "Calum she's underage!" I heard Ashton scold as Calum quickly stepped away from me, fixing his hair that I may have destroyed with my hands.

"Sorry bro." Calum said sheepishly. I just moved my gaze to the floor thinking of how awkward this situation was.

"Gotta go" Calum says in a rush, pecking me on the lips before scurrying out the door.

"I just wanted to tell you you're coming home with me, right now, doctors orders." Ashton said. I looked at him excitedly. "Yay!" I squeaked.
***
"You never said you were coming home!" Calum complained as I stepped through the door. "Well I was going to before you stormed out." Ashton explained.

"Where's my present?" I asked excitedly. "Right here." Calum said leading me through the kitchen and into the living room, where there was possibly the most adorable puppy I had ever seen. "Oh my gosh!" I squealed.

The dog was tiny, white with black spots. "She's a miniature Jack Russell." Calum explained. "She's all yours... So what are you going to call her?" Ashton added.

I studied her carefully. "I want to call her Holly." I said. "Very Christmasy." Michael said. "Yeah I like your style babe." Calum said as I picked up my new puppy. "Welcome to the family Holly." I whispered as if she could understand me.
***
"She's so cute!" I said, a smile spread across my face as Holly played with my sock.

"Hey! You're boyfriend is right here you know!" Calum said, pretending to be upset. I rolled my eyes and kissed him on the cheek before drinking my hot chocolate again.

We were sat on the couch watching frozen; at Calum's request of course, when I heard a knock on the door. I stood up to open it since Calum was too glued to the movie.

"Casey?" I asked, surprised to see him. "Can we talk, about us?" He asked and I nodded inviting him inside.

"I'm sorry Casey, but I have sort of fallen for someone else." He nodded understandingly.

"I mean I knew we probably wouldn't last anyway." He said and I agreed with him.

"Friends though?" I asked worriedly. He smiled at me. "Friends." He agreed, giving me a quick hug.

"I'll talk to you soon then, bye Riley." He waved as he walked out the door.

"Bye Casey." I replied, before walking back into the living room where Calum was stuffing his face with marshmallows. "Who wa tha?" The said with his mouth full.

"My boyfriend." I replied sarcastically, he immediately swallowed the marshmallows.

"You're what?" He questioned lowly, his fists clenching. "I'm joking babe, it was just an ex who I had to clear things up with." I replied. He nodded.

"You okay? He asked, tapping the couch beckoning me to sit next to him. "Yeah I'm okay, we agreed to stay friends." I said with a smile as he pulled me into his body.

"That's good, I just hope I'm not supposed to feel intimidated by this dude." He said. "Aw no babe, I mean look at these adorable cheeks." I said, giving his face a gentle squeeze.

"I love you." He said randomly, making my heart melt. "I love you too." I smiled, leaning towards him to kiss him softly.

-------------------
A/N Hey😈 how are you guys doing?

Stay Strong, ilysm <3